(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: XX MONTH 2013)
Here are some links about, for or on women traveling solo to Italy:
- Ten important lessons you’ll learn by traveling alone – "ADVENTURE, EXPLORATION, HOLIDAY, IS IT SAFE TO TRAVEL ALONE, ISTANBUL, TORONTO, TRAVEL, TRAVEL ALONE, VACATION, WOMEN, WOMEN TRAVELING ALONE" – on July 30, 2012 at 12:01 am – blogger: Caitlin Kelly – Source: Broadside – "WELCOME!"
- Women Traveling Alone Part I – 10 tips – Published June 10, 2010 – blogger: Janice Waugh – Source: SOLO TRAVELER – "solo travel tips, safety advices, stories and destinations"
- 30 Black Woman Traveling alone to Italy Should I be worried? – Started by: Kelley1981 – on: 05 June 2012, 3:49 – Source: Found in the Solo Travel Forum with in the Travel Forum section on tripadvisor®.co.uk – "Plan the perfect trip"
- is it safe for a female traveling alone in Italy – Started by: petfriendly_8 – on: Jan 13, 2013, 5:35 PM – Source: Found in the Rome Travel Forum within the Italy, Europe Vacations - Italy Tourism section on tripadvisor® – "Plan the perfect trip"
- Flying Solo: Everything You Need to Know About Traveling Alone – "There’s nothing quite like the freedom of exploring a new place on your own terms. Learn how to make the most of your next solo travel adventure with these tips from the experts." – "Whether you're thinking of setting off on your very first solo travel adventure or are gearing up for your fifteenth, we've got some tips from the experts—four entrepreneurs who have made a living traveling around the world and writing about their experiences. Here, in our first-ever Solo Travel Panel, we'll discuss everything from how to meet other like-minded travelers to important safety tips and essential things to keep in mind when exploring a new destination on your own." – Friday, Aug 9, 2013, 6:00 PM – By Kaeli Conforti – Source: Budget Travel – "Travel Deals, Travel Tips, Travel Advice, Vacation Ideas"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
TRAVEL SOLO TO ITALY
- 3 Misconceptions Of Solo Women Travelling To Italy – on Feb 25, 13 – by Marianna – Source: Found in the 'Travel Tips’ Category on Select Italy – "Italy Travel and Vacation Packages - Buy tickets Online for Museums, Trains, The Vatican, Uffizi and More." – "About Select Italy"
- 10 Things I Learned About Traveling to Italy With My Dog – June 9, 2012 12:00 pm – Susan Rigby with Seymour – Source: PeterGreenberg.com – "Travel news you can use from The Travel Detective® "
- 21 Tips for North American Women Visiting Italy – "Having never been to Italy before, I wasn’t sure what to expect aside from the things my parents, who are from Sicily had told me. I had never left Canada before, was 2 weeks away from turning 26 and going to Florence on my own to work as an au pair. The things I learned and will pass on to other woman in my position were never mentioned in the guidebooks I read ; hopefully they’ll be helpful to you." – Thursday, April 16th, 2009 – By Laura Valoroso – Source: Found in the Venere Travel Blog – "It's our business where you sleep!" on venere.com – "Book hotels, B&Bs, apartments & resorts worldwide!"
- Safety Tips for Women Travelers – "In view of the recent rape in India and concerns for women traveling worldwide, it’s even more important to be prepared and take precautions." – Marybeth Bond – Source: The Gutsy TRAVELER – ""
- Destinations: Italy
- Solo travel is easy and rewarding – "Have you ever wanted to see a Broadway play in New York City, take a road trip to see the fall foliage, or splurge on a vacation to Paris, but couldn’t find anyone to go with you? Solo travel is the answer!"
- Tips for Solo Women Traveler – "Thanks to my female staffers and their friends for assembling their top tips for women" – By Rick Steves – Source: Found in the Plan Your Trip section of Rick Steves' Europe – "Through the Back Door"
- Tips for women traveling in Italy – "Ciao, Bella Americana Girl!" – "Issues for women traveling in Italy—what to expect on an Italian vacation, from Romeo wannabes to the creepy guy on the bus with the pinchy fingers" – Source: Found in the Health & safety in Italy – "Dealing frankly with the health, safety, and crime concerns of an Italian vacation: pickpockets, health insurance, terrorism, scams, gypsies, travel warnings, hospitals, and other safety issues" section on reidsitaly.com – "travel beyond vacations™"
- Travel in Italy for Single Women – "Safety Tips for Women Traveling Alone in Italy" – By Paulla Estes – Source: lifeinitaly.com – "Italy | Italy daily News, Weather, All you need to know about Italy"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- Solo travel in Italy for women: advice and experience – "Solo travel can seem a daunting prospect for a woman. If you don't have any experience of travelling alone, you'll have lots to consider, from loneliness to the difficulties of a foreign language or coping with your luggage. Even if you're used to solo holidays, it's useful to do some background research on practicalities and safety considerations. It will be worth the effort; you will find that exploring Italy on your own can be a very rewarding experience." – Source: Italy Heaven – "Italy Travel, Holiday and Tourism Guide"
- Travelling solo in Italy – Published on:Tue, 2010-01-19 17:38 – Words by Lucia Cockcroft – Source: italy magazine – "Since 1999 the n.1 magazine for lovers of all things Italian"
- Why I Like Being a Woman in Italy – January 18th, 2010 – by Jessica (Spiegel) – Source: Italy section of whyGo, Part of the BootsnAll Travel Network – "ONE-STOP INDIE TRAVEL GUIDE EST. 1998"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- 6 Most Common Solo Travel Questions—Answered! – "The freedom to go precisely where you want, when you want, and how you want—behold, the power of one!" – April 2011 issue – By Brad Tuttle – April 2011 issue – Source: Budget Travel – "Travel Deals, Travel Tips, Travel Advice, Vacation Ideas"
- 100+ Things to Know If You’re Going to Italy – "My friends often ask me for support in travel preparation when they plan to go to Italy. In fact, I think it’s a great idea- go to a country prepared to experience it at the fullest! I enjoy learning about the little idiosyncrasies that make a visit to a new country so interesting, the small traditions, the interesting customs… so, I thought I’d give you a cheat-sheet for Italy." – Vanessa DellaPasqua – Source: Italy In SF – "The Directory to Everything Italian in the San Francisco Bay Area"
- Do yourself a favor: travel solo at least once – "Solo exploration – whether down the street or around the world – is one of the best ways to learn and challenge oneself" – Thursday 1 August 2013 16.32 BST – Jill Filipovic – Source: guardian.com AKA theguardian – "Latest news, sport and comment from the Guardian"
- For Women Who (Want to) Travel Alone – on March 12, 2013 – Posted by Jill Schneider – Source: Found in Travel Shots within the intelligent travel section on NationalGeographic.com – "Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888"
- Girls taking on the world—alone! – on May 23, 2011 at 6:00 am – By Isabel B – Source: The Lost Girls – "Travel • Inspiration • Discovery • Adventure" – "About Us"
- The Realities Women Face When Traveling Alone, And How To Stay Safe – "" – 2/07/2013 @ 1:07PM – Elisa Doucette, Contributor – "I write about shattering your pre-conceived notions and limitations" – Source: Forbes.com – "Information for the World's Business Leaders"
- Road Tested Advice for Women Traveling Alone - It Ain't No Eat, Pray, Love – Posted: 06/10/2013 12:06 pm – Jennifer Delaney – Source: Found in THE BLOG – "Featuring fresh takes and real-time analysis from HuffPost's signature lineup of contributors" on The Huffington Post Edition: U.S. – ""
- Single Travel: Tips for Going Solo – Source: Found in the Travel Tips section of the IndependentTraveler.com – "Real Travelers. Practical Advice."
- Women shouldn't be afraid to travel alone. – 7:00AM GMT 21 Feb 2013 – By Claire Cohen – Source: Found in the WOMEN section of the The Telegraph AKA telegraph.co.uk – "Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph,Sunday Telegraph"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
* = Blog entry has been updated.
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about health or medical information for travelers to Italy *, dated, Wednesday, June 08, 2011
- Info about medical and dental phrases and terminology used in Italy *, dated, February 10. 2010
- Info on dietary/food allergy translation cards for Italy *, dated Friday, August 10, 2007
- Info on being gluten-free in Italy , dated Tuesday, May 29, 2007
- Info about traveling with allergies to Italy *, dated Friday, January 26, 2007
- Info on Vegetarian Eating in Italy *, dated Friday, November 8, 2006
- Info on Travelers' Health in Italy and Europe *, dated, Friday, December 02, 2005
- Info about crime in Italy *, dated, Sunday, July 07, 2013
- Info about preventing identity thief while traveling to Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, May 05, 2013
- Info on pickpocketing in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, May 19, 2010
- Info on Scams and Ripoffs in Italy *, dated, Friday, May 26, 2006
- Info on Personal Safety in Italy *, dated, Thursday, December 01, 2005
This posting is dedicated to my daughter, Annalisa, who has traveled the world by herself, with friends and family. Her initial solo journeys started in the 80's: In and around Washington, DC, riding the Metro (subway) and walking the streets of the DC metropolitan area, then living with me in Germany, taking the S-Bahn (street cars), U-Bahn (subways) and local trains to High School in Wiesbaden, Germany and walking around the various streets of Germany and elsewhere in Europe. Her first solo journey started with my dropping my daughter off at the ferry terminal in Calais, France. From there, she traveled to England, back to France, Italy and Greece before heading back to the USA in 1990. Since then, she has traveled to Argentina, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, India, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Philippines and China. She now resides in Oaxaca, Mexico. My daughter supports herself by: teaching English (she has a TESL certificate and a BS from Portland State University), contract writing and editing assignments, cooking and other revenue generating activities via the internet. In 2012, she completed her first round-the-world adventure -- going east to west.
***** END OF DEDICATION *****
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
If you want me to reply to your comment or request
any further information by email, please include your email address in a separate comment. I will NOT
publish any comments with an email address in it.
If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH
Since November, 2005, I have written over 450+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2
, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
I do NOT
represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Sunday, 6 October 2013: domenica, X 6 ottobre 2013
– #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Nella vita - chi non risica - non rosica."
"In life: who risks nothing - gains nothing."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain
– a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: XX MONTH 2013)
© Benjamin H. Licodo, 2005 - 2013, All Rights Reserved.
Labels: women traveling to Italy