Here are some links on observations/comments about living in Italy by Expats who live in Italy:
- InterNations Expat Magazine – Free registration is required to view this web site – Source: InterNations – "CONNECTING GLOBAL MINDS"
- PLEASE NOTE: "Access is for members only – To see this you must be a member of InterNations."
- Common Expat Mistakes – Found in the Expatriation subsection
- Prepare for Moving Abroad – Found in the Moving Abroad subsection
- Enjoying a Healthy Expat Life – Found in the Living Abroad subsection
- Going Abroad: It’s a State of Mind! – Found in the Expatriation subsection
- Living in a Foreign Country: How to Adapt? – Found in the Living Abroad subsection
- What Is Culture Shock? – Found in the Culture Shock subsection
- Cultural Awareness – Found in the Cross-Cultural Communication subsection
- lifeinitaly.com – Source: web site
- Build A Life In Italy – Fay Henson – Sunday, April 22nd, 2012
- Cost of Living in Italy – Tuesday, February 14th, 2012
- Moving – contains multiple artices
- Moving to Italy – "Moving to Italy and Accommodations"
- Italian Red Tape – By Ginger Stash – [Please note: this articles is dated but one will experience the same attitudes when dealing with Italian bureaucracy especially in larger towns and cities.]
- What It Was Like Moving from the UK to Italy – Fay Henson –
- What It Was Like Moving from the UK to Italy – "This is the first of a series of diaries about moving to Italy and experiences of travelling and living in Italy." – "Episode One: An Amazing Woman, Bikes and Babies Names; Little Pieces of a Huge Jigsaw." – Wednesday, June 9th, 2010
- Moving from the UK to Italy - Part 2 – Friday, July 9th, 2010
- Moving from the UK to Italy - Part 3 – Saturday, August 28th, 2010
- Moving from the UK to Italy - Part 4 – Tuesday, September 28th, 2010
- Moving from the UK to Italy - Part 5 – "Hard work - Round Two!" – Friday, June 22nd, 2012
- Moving from the UK to Italy - Part 6 – "Episode Six - Trials, Tribulations And Finally A Light At The End Of The Very Long Tunnel" – Friday, April 13th, 2012
- Living in Italy – "Living in italy, moving to italy, live in italy, expats living in Italy, best place to live, best place to retire, italian residency" – Source: Understanding Italy – "Italy, italia, Italian people, about Italian, about italy, where is Italy, Italian culture, culture of Italy, italian life "
- Bleeding espresso – "Savor simplicity one sip at a time." – blogger: Michelle Fabio – Location: Badolato, Region: Calabria – Source: web site
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Expats in Italy – Posted 20 October 2009 – by guest blogger: Cherrye Moore of My Bella Vita!
- Adjusting to Expat Life in Italy – Posted 23 June 2009
- Burnt by the Tuscan Sun – blogger: Francesca Maggi – Location: Roma, Region: Lazio – Source: web site
- A Horse of a Different Color – Friday, March 8 
- 2012 Italy Year in Review – Sunday, January 13 
- A DUSTY OLIVE GREEN – blogger: Birgitte Brøndsted – Location: Firenze AKA Florence, Region: Tuscany – Source: web site
- Eurobimbo's Journey to Enlightenment: life in Italy, travelogues, photography, daily grinds, hopes & dreams – "the tuscany files. . ." – blogger: Tania von Barkenhagen – Location: Camucia, Tuscany – Source: web site
- friends and family in italy – "The joy of Italy often consists of doing ordinary things in extraordinary settings." Erica Jong. Read about our ordinary things." – blogger: Martha Tacccarino – Location: Montagnano (Arezzo), Region: Tuscany – Source: web site
- girl in florence – "one girl's tips, travel, food, advice, events – anything Italy related" – blogger: Georgette Jupe – Location: Firenze AKA Florence, Region: Tuscany – Source: web site
- la vita è bella – "An Italy Expat Blog" – blogger: Kate and Rob Hash – Location: Florence (Firenze), Region: Tuscany – Source: web site
- Cultural Differences: Spacing Out – Posted on: March 6, 2013 // Topic of Conversation: Expat Life – [Category Archives:]
- Expat Bloggers: Locals I Love – Posted on: February 4, 2013 // Topic of Conversation: Expat Life – [Category Archives:]
- Italy Expat FAQ: Apartment Hunting – Posted on: January 28, 2013 // Topic of Conversation: Expat Life, Our Favorites – [Category Archives:]
- Living in Italy: Tales from an Italian Grocery Store – Posted on: December 17, 2012 // Topic of Conversation: Food, Italy, Living in Italy – [Category Archives:]
- Living in Italy FAQ: How Much Does it Cost? – Posted on: November 5, 2012 // Topic of Conversation: Expat Life, Living in Italy, Our Favorites – [Category Archives:]
- MOVING2ITALY2 – "" – blogger: Ben Licodo – Location: Montagnano (Arezzo), Region: Tuscany – Source: web site – ""
- Info on what to bring to Italy if you are an Expat or a student, dated, Wednesday, July 14, 2010
- my Bella Vita – "Calabra: Take the Toe by the Horns!" – blogger: Cherrye Moore – Location: Catanzaro, Region: Calabria – Source: web site
- Top 5 Things American Expats in Italy Bring from Home – Posted on: Jan 16, 2009
- Questo Mese in Italia [This month in Italy]: "The official newsletter of My Bella Vita Travel, sent monthly" – You must supply your email address and name to receive this newsletter.
- SEEKING ITALIAN CITIENSHIP – "Why Italian bureaucracy is like being the hero in your very own role playing game" – blogger: walkerjly AKA JL Walker – Location: Milan, Region: Lombardy – Source: web site
- Stranitalia di Sari Gilbert – "About this column" – blogger: Sari Gilbert – Location: Rome, Region: Lazio – Source: web site – ""
- Italy lagging behind in internet use – Oct 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM
- Strano ma vero (Strange but true) – Mar 31, 2012 at 06:40 PM
- BELIEVING THE UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! – May 11, 2011 at 02:34 PM
- x – "" – blogger: x – Location: x , Region: X – Source: X – ""
- ITALY AND ELSEWHERE
- Living in Florence – "" – blogger: Melinda Gallo – Location: France – Source: web site
- LISTS OF EXPAT BLOGS OR BLOGS ABOUT ITALY
- Blog Italy, expat Italy – "Would you like to work, live, move to Italy? Or just to find out how is life in Italy? We've got much better than travel brochures: read blogs written by expatriates living in Italy!" – Source: expat blog – "Share your expat experience!" – "The living abroad website, by expats, for expats" – In English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Blogs From Italy – "Blogs qualify for listing on the following basis: you must be semi or permanently resident in Italy, and your blog should be current as at the beginning of Jan 2013." – edited by Adrian Peterson – Source: Italian Reflections – "For travellers, settlers and expats alike"
- Italy Guide section of Expat Exchange – "A World of Friends Abroad" – Source: web site
- Expats blogs – "An Experienced Shared" – Source: web site
- US Expat in Italy - Don't get burnt by the Tuscan sun! [Francesca Maggi] – Published: 27 Feb  at 9 AM
- American Expat in Rome - Interview With Rick Zullo – Published: 2 Feb  at 9 AM
- From Los Angeles to Venice - Expat Interview With Marie – Published: 16 Dec  at 9 AM
- American Expat in Italy - Expat Interview With Michelle – Published: 5 Dec  at 9 AM
- From USA to Italy - Expat Interview With Michelle Fabio – Published: 29 Nov  at 3 PM
- Canadian Expat Living in Italy - Interview With Sarah – Published: 28 Nov  at 9 AM
- Australian Expat Living In Italy - Interview With Catherine – Published: 12 Nov  at 1 PM
- Expat Experiences in Italy – "When considering a move to a new city, there is nothing more useful than hearing real life stories from other expats who are living there. Read what these expats have say about their own unique experiences in the land of love. Please contact us if you live or have lived in Italy, and would like to share your experience." – Source: Found in the Italy subsection of Expat Arrivals – "local info for global expats"
- Interviews – edited by Adrian Peterson – Source: Found under "Features" on Italian Reflections – "For travellers, settlers and expats alike"
- x – "" – Source: X – ""
- Bryan's Extended Stay Visa Story – By: Bryan Schneider – August 2006 – Source: Expats in Italy – "for those who dream and for those who live the dream"
- x – "" – Source: X – ""
- Angloinfo® ITALY – "the global expat network" – "Your New Life in Italy" – "Everything you need to know about moving to Italy"
- Angloinfo® – "the global expat network" – LIGURIA – "Life on the Italian Riviera, in English"
- Angloinfo® – "the global expat network" – MILAN – "Life in Lombardy, in English!"
- Angloinfo® – "the global expat network" – ROME – "Life in Rome, in English!"
- Angloinfo® – "the global expat network" – TUSCANY – "Life in Tuscany, in English!"
- Angloinfo® – "the global expat network" – UMBRIA – "Life in Umbria, in English!
- Expats in Italy – "for those who dream and for those who live the dream" – Source: web site
- Before You Go – ""
- Making the Move – ""
- Living in Italy – "Articles on what it's like to live in Italy"
- FORUM – [various forums covering multiple topics]
- x – ""
- Expats living in Rome – "AN INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL NETWORK IN ROME FOR EXPATRIATES" – Source: web site – ""
- Italian Reflections – "For travellers, settlers and expats alike" – Source: web site
- ITALY - Expat Articles – Source: Expats blogs – "An Experienced Shared"
- Italy Expat Community for Expatriates in Italy – Free registration is required to view this web site – Source: InterNations – "CONNECTING GLOBAL MINDS"
- Living and Working in Italy – "" –
- Understanding Italy – "Italy, italia, Italian people, about Italian, about italy, where is Italy, Italian culture, culture of Italy, italian life" – Source: web site
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on expat web sites for Italy and elsewhere , dated Wednesday, June 16, 2010
- Info about Expat agreements for an international assignment to Italy*, dated Wednesday, June 09, 2010
- Info on the usage of ATM, debit and credit cards in Italy and Europe *, dated Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- Info on money/currency transfer to Italy *, dated Friday, August 03, 2007
- Info on traveling with your laptop to Italy and abroad *, dated Friday, July 20, 2007
- Info about electrical plug adapters, power strips and voltage converters for Italy *, dated Tuesday, April 10, 2007
- Info on blogs about Italy written by Expats living in Italy *, dated Tuesday, December 26, 2006
- Info about Mail Forwarding for Italy *, dated Saturday, July 08, 2006
- Info about ATMs (Automated Teller Machines) in Italy *, dated Tuesday, April 25, 2006
- Info about Moving Pets to Italy *, dated Friday, April 14, 2006
- Info about Checklists for Moving or Relocating to Italy *, dated Friday, April 7, 2006
- Info on Relocation and Moving to Italy *, dated Monday, January 30, 2006
- Info on EXPATS: Primarily in Italy *, dated Wednesday, November 09, 2005
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note the above observations, comments, advice, opinions, etc. are from the authors of the above captioned blogs, articles, etc. However that being said, I personally believe that not everyone is suited to live in a foreign country. Living in and/or working in Italy or anywhere else is a challenge to ones character, well-being, patience, perseverance, health and financial resources. Some people will and can flourish in a foreign culture and others may fail. I will be writing more in the future about the successes and on some failures.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 400+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Sunday, 31 March 2013: domenica, 31 marzo 2013
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Ogni principio è duro."
"Every beginning is hard."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.