Here are some links on VOIP (Voice over IP) services and use in Italy:
VOIP (Voice over IP)
- Abbeynet – "Humanizing Net Communication" – In English, Italian
- Callserve – In English, French, German, Spanish
- Digitale Italia - VOIP – In Italian Only
- lingo – offers unlimited local and long distance calls anywhere in the U.S., to Canada, and to Western Europe, plus over 25 calling features.
- Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype.
- VOIP.HTML.it – In Italian Only
- VOIP Your Life – "FREE YOURSELF FROM THE PHONE COMPANY'S HIGH PRICES!"
- Vonage – Using an existing high-speed Internet connection, Vonage technology enables anyone to make and receive phone calls - worldwide - with a touch-tone telephone.
- and others
- OPTION #1
- ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Lines)
- OPTION #2
- Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity)/Wimax
- OPTION #3
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about Cyber Cafes and Internet Points in Italy , dated Friday, October 20, 2006
- Info on Wi-Fi and Hotspots in Italy *, dated Tuesday, June 20, 2006
- Info about Internet Usage in Italy *, dated Tuesday, November 22, 2005
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
I know in the States that calling 911 (Emergency Response/Police/Fire Department) from some VOIP vendors setups do NOT function correctly. As a potential user of VOIP, it is YOUR responsibilty that you verify and confirm that the VOIP from the vendor that you select operates correctly with the critical phone numbers that you need to dial in Italy for Police, Fire, Ambulance and other emergency services.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or request for further information by email, please include your email address in a separate comment. I will NOT publish any comments with an email address in it.
That's it for Saturday, 14 June 2008: sabado, 14 giugno 2008.
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Happy Birthday, Annalisa!!!
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Con nulla non si fa nulla."
"Of nothing comes nothing."
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 21 June 2008)