Here are some links about, for or on travel "apps" AKA "applications" for Italy and beyond for Apple, Android and other portable devices including laptops, smartphones and tablets:
TRAVEL APPS AKA APPLICATIONS FOR ITALY AND BEYOND
- ANDROID DEVICES; SMARTPHONES AND TABLETS
- Italy travel Android Apps – "" – Source: appszoom – "Discovering the Best Android Apps"
- Popular Travel & Local apps in Italy – NOTE: While some of these apps have English descriptions, some of them will only present results in Italian! – Source: AppBrain – "Top Android Apps and Games in the Android Market"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- APPLE DEVICES: IPAD/IPHONE/IPOD
- iPhone Apps for Rome Travel – by | May 31st, 2010 – by Jessica (Spiegel) – Source: Italy section of WhyGo
- Top 10 Italy Travel Apps – "Traveling with your iphone/ipad? Take the best travel apps with you on your next trip to Italy " – Source: 10TravelApps.com – "Appgrade Your Trip" – "About"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- CROSS-PLATFORM: ANDROID, APPLE AND WINDOWS – SMARTPHONES AND TABLET DEVICES
- AngloINFO Mobile – "Rome Local Reference INFOrmation" – Source: Angloinfo® – "the global expat network" – ROME – "Life in Rome, in English!"
- The Best Travel Apps to Use in Italy – "Traveling to Italy and enjoying its gems has never been easier… thanks to your smartphone! With our list of best travel apps, you’ll avoid getting lost, find restaurants where the locals eat and learn key words and phrases right at your fingertips. Many of the apps are available on all platforms (Apple iOS, Google Play, Android) and don’t need an internet connection to function, so you can forget about expensive roaming costs while traveling abroad." – April 21, 2014 – by Elena Ciprietti – "About Us [blog]" – Source: Found in the Archive | Travel tips portion within the Walks of Italy blog section on the Walks of Italy – "About Us [main web site]"
- Rome For Foodies – "The essential guide to dining, drinking and food shopping in Rome, available now on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices." – blogger: Katie Parla – Source: Parla Food – "Katie Parla chases down the best food and drink in Rome and beyond"
- Top Italian Travel Apps to get for 2013 – "Check out these great Apps that can enhance your Italian travelling experience. Many of those featured have been written by expats in Italy who really do know where to go and what to do." – edited by Adrian Peterson – Source: Found under "Expats" on Italian Reflections – "For travellers, settlers and expats alike"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- 10 Travel Apps That Save You Time and Money – "From trip planning to packing to getting around a foreign city—and even speaking the language—let these easy-to-use apps power your next vacation!" – Tuesday, Aug 20, 2013, 6:00 PM – By Jamie Beckman – Source: Found in the Budget Travel's Blog – "The latest travel news, vacation tips & advice, travel apps, and more" – on Budget Travel – "Travel Deals, Travel Tips, Travel Advice, Vacation Ideas"
- 6 Great Apps For Last-Minute Trip Planning – Aug 28 – by Kaeli Conforti
- 15 Best Travel Apps – "Search, book, pack, and go with these mobile apps, websites, and online services that help you get out the door." – Source: PC MAG.com – "Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads"
- 25 Top Travel Apps – "Don’t leave home without downloading these useful smartphone apps." – Oct-2011 – "By Candice Chan" – Source: DEPARTURES – "A Luxury Magazine featuring world's best travel. hotels, shopping, fashion, culture"
- 50 ultimate travel apps ... so far – "It's hard to keep up with all the travel apps being released -- which is why we've pulled out the best 50 to date" – 4 September, 2012 – By Rick Martin – Source: Found in the Appy Traveler – "Smart tech for smart travel" within the subsection of CNN Travel – "Travel the World with CNN Travel for News, Guides, Tips and Insights" section of CNN – "EDITION: INTERNATIONAL"
- Appy Traveler: Best new apps for travelers – "Six great new travel apps, including a social restaurant reviewer, 3D camera app and multi-language translator" – 25 June, 2013 – By CNN Travel staff
- Smartphone Travel Applications – Source: Found in Safety Tips section of Corporate Travel SAFETY™ – "Worry Free Travel Gear... for Your Peace of Mind™"
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about, for or on "apps" AKA "applications" for Roma/Rome, Italy *, dated, Thursday, June 14, 2012
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 450+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Sunday, 25 August 2013: domenica, 25 agosto 2013
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Chi lascia la via vecchia per la nuova sa quel che lascia, ma non sa quel che trova."
"Those who leave the old ways behind know what they're leaving, but not what they'll find."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.