INFORMATION ABOUT TRUFFLES/INFORMAZIONI SUI TARTUFI
- Alba and the Truffle Market – " This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 29th, 2009" – Source: Found under the Tourism in Italy section of CrossingItaly.net – "Travel, Tourism and Holidays in Italy" – In English, French, German, Italian
- Selecting Italian Truffles – "Are you interested in buying some Italian truffles? Perhaps you want to know what the best truffles in Italy are and where to get them? Our guide to Italian truffles gives you the facts & information you’ll want to know" – Source: Found under the Italian Food portion of the Italy section of Country facts – "The world at your fingertips."
- On the Truffle Trail – By Kyle Phillips – Source: Italian Food section of About.com
- Tartufi –"Italian Truffles" – Justin Demetri – Source: lifeinitaly..com – "Italy | Italy daily news, Weather, All you need to know about Italy"
- What is a Truffle? – "From the myth to our tables, an exciting smell." – Source: Alba International White Truffle Fair – In English, Italian
- Pisan truffle markets – Saturday, 28 August 2010 14:17 – Written by Delicious Italy Team – Source: Delicious Italy – "the Italy food, travel and culture guide"
- White Truffles: Why They're Worth $2,000 a Pound – Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2010 – By Josh Ozersky – Source: TIME – "Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews"
- BLOG ENTRIES
- Hunting for the Elusive White Truffle in Italy – November 29, 2010 · 8:43 pm – Penny De Los Santos – Source: Appetite – "Photography, food & travel"
- Truffle Hunt! – Saturday, 30 July 2011 – "Posted by Have tastebuds, will travel " – Source: A COOK NOT MAD
- Angelica & Civetta – "the Italian champions of truffle searching" – Source: Aolmaia Tuscany Society – "Cooking in Tuscany: hands-on cooking classes and courses, wine tasting in renowned wineries, wine appreciation classes, Tuscany cuisine itineraries, food and wine local events and fairs. Customized itineraries designing."
- HOW TO TRAIN A DOG TO FIND TRUFFLES – Friday, 24 June 2011 – Source: The Garden of Eaden – "Combining good gardening practice with sound organic and environmental advice"
- Training – Source: Kennel Della Cascinetta – In English, Italian
- Alba International White Truffle Fair – Please check "2011 Exhibition Programma" for further information and details – Source: web site – In English, Italian
- National White Truffle Fair – (Fiera nazionale del tartufo) – Dates: 30 - 31 October and 1. 5 - 6 and 12 - 13 November – Location: Acqualagna, Province: Pesaro and Urbino (PU); Region: Marche – Source: marcheholiday – "Marche Holiday.... discover, experience, describe the Marches, a land full of charm and possibilities" – In Dutch, English, French, German, Italian
- Truffle Festivals in Italy – "Fall White Truffle Fairs" – By Martha Bakerjian – Source: Italy Travel section of About.com
- TRUFFLE MARKETS/MERCATI DEL TARTUFO
- Mostra Mercato Nazionale – Il Tartufo Bianco (white truffles) – In Italian Only – Dates: 4 - 5 November – Location: Città di Castello, Province: Perugia; Region: Umbria – Source: web site
- Mostra Mercato del Tartufo bianco delle Crete Senesi – In Italian Only – Dates: 12 - 13 and 19 - 20 November – Location: centro storico, San Giovanni d'Asso (SI) – Source: Comune di San Giovanni d'Asso
- Mostra mercato del Tartufo Bianco (white truffles) – In Italian Only – Dates: 12 - 13, 19 - 20 and 26 - 27 November – Please check, Programma, for additional information – Location: centro storico, San Miniato (PI) – Source: San Miniato Promozione – In English, French, German, Italian – Please note: While this web site displays flags for versions in respective languages, many entries are In Italian Only
- The Hunt for White October – Source: Found in the Piedmont – "Piedmont Photographs, Museums, Lakes, Wineries, Transportation" section of In Italy™ Online – "Expert trip planning for your vacation in Italy, Rome, Florence, Milan, Venice, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast, Positano, Sorrento and throughout Italy"
- Truffle Hunt With the Pros (Human and Canine!) in Italy – May 27, 2011 – by Liz Ozaist – Source: Found in the New & Noteworthy – "Keeping You in the Know on Where to Go" within the ShermansTravel Blogs section of ShermansTravel – "Hand-Picked Deals. Expert Advice."
- Postcard From -- Truffle Hunting in Alba, Italy: Tasty, Tricky and Sometimes Tense – Fyllis Hockman – Source: OffbeatTravel – "Offbeat places and unusual destinations and a fresh look at old favorites"
- Truffle Hunting in Le Marche – by Pauline Kenny and Moreno Moretti, October 2010 – Source: Slow Europe – "Guide to Vacation Rentals in Europe"
- Truffle Hunting in Tuscany – "Truffles" – Source: To Tuscany Villas – "the Leading Specialist for Villas in Tuscany since 1998" – In multiple languages
- Italian Truffle Dog Breed Dog Photos – "Lagotto Romagnolo Photo Gallery – Pictures Of Lagotto Romagnolos!" – November 30th, 2008 – Source: The Dog Guide – ". . . is intended to provide concise but highly relevant information to common folks looking for a family dog."
- Sundays In The City Of Truffles, Sant'Agata Feltria, Italy – Posted: 10/11/11 04:00 PM ET – Dr. Irene S. Levine – "The Friendship Doctor" – Source: Found in the TRAVEL section of The Huffington Post – "THE INTERNET NEWSPAPER: NEWS BLOGS VIDEO COMMUNITY"
- 27 fresh black italian truffles recipes – "sorted by Yummliness" – Source: yummly – "Every Recipe in the World"
- Recipe: Italian Pasta With Truffles – Posted 6/20/2010 – Marcus – Source: Adventure Travel Blog – "Travel tips, recommendations for travellers"
- Truffle Recipes – Not all of them are Italian – Source: epicurean.com – "For Food and Wine Lovers"
- Truffle Recipes – "the finest truffles fresh from Italy" – Source: Truffle Hunter – "Fine Italian Truffles"
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about alcoholic drinks in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, September 28, 2011
- Info about, for or on prosecco in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, May 25, 2011
- Info about espresso (coffee) in Italy *, dated, Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- Info on how to order coffee/expresso in Italy *, dated, Tuesday, August 28, 2007
- Info on vegetables (cooking and some recipes) in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, July 20, 2011
- Info about, for or on pizza in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, March 23, 2011
- Info on some of my blog entries (URLs) about, for or on food in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, February 16, 2011
- Info about, for or on Christmas cookies and cakes in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, December 08, 2010
- Info about, for or on salumi (Italian cured meats) in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, November 17, 2010
- Info about, for or on gelato (ice cream) in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, October 13, 2010
- Info about, for or on formaggi (cheeses) in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, September 22, 2010
- Info about, for or on pasta in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- Info on food blogs in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, June 30, 2010
- Info on some of the food delicacies/specialties from the region of Abruzzo, Italy *, dated, Monday, March 08, 2010
- Info about chocolate in Italy *, dated, Tuesday, January 13, 2009
- Info on Olive Oil in Italy *, dated, Tuesday, March 20, 2007
- Info on Food Products of Italy *, dated, Tuesday, January 31, 2006
- FOOD STORES
- Info on food and grocery stores (chain) in Abruzzo, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, October 06, 2010
- Info on food and grocery stores (chain) in Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, August 12, 2009
- Info on Food Stores (Chains) in Italy *, dated, Monday, November 21, 2005
- RELATED BLOG ENTRIES
- Info on culinary terms / cooking terminology used in Italian cooking *, dated, Wednesday, August 10, 2011
- Info about an Italian aperitivo in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- Info on food museums in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, April 20, 2011
- Info on Cooking Classes in Italy *, dated, Friday May 12, 2006
- Info on Visiting Food Shrines in France and one in Italy *, dated, Sunday, January 15, 2006
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Wednesday, 19 October 2011: mercoledì, 19 ottobre 2011
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Coloro che desiderano condurre una vita virtuosa dovrebbe astenersi da tartufo."
"Those who wish to lead a virtuous life should abstain from truffles."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.