Here are some links about the 2016 National Holiday Observances with some "Local Observances" in Italy:
- 1 - New Years Day (Capodanno)
- 6 - Epiphany (Epifania AKA Three Kings' Day)
- 19 - Fathers Day – "Celebrated on Saint Joseph's Day." – Not a public holiday.
- 28 - Easter Sunday (Buona Pasqua)
- 29 - Easter Monday AKA Lunedì dell'Angelo AKA Pasquetta (Little Easter)
- 25 - Liberation Day (Festa della Liberazione)
- 25 - Feast of St. Mark (Local only: Venice only)
- 28 - Sardinia Day (Local only: Sardinia only)
- 1 - International Workers Day (Festa del Lavoro AKA Labor Day)
- 10 - Mothers Day – "2nd Sunday in May." – Not a public holiday.
- 2 - Founding of the Republic (Festa della Repubblica)
- 24 - St. John the Baptist Day (Local only: Florence / Firenze; Genoa / Genova; Torino / Turin)
- 29 - St. Peter and St. Paul's Day (Local only: Rome)
- 15 - St. Rosalia (Local only: Palermo)
- 15 - Assumption Day (Assunzione or Ferragosto)
- 19 - St. Gennaro's Day (Local only: Naples / Napoli)
- 4 - St. Petronius (Local only: Bologna)
- 1 - All Saints Day (Ognissanti or Tutti i santi)
- 3 - St. Giusto (Local only: Trieste)
- 6 - St. Nichola (Local only: Bari)
- 7 - St. Ambrogio's Day (Local only: Milan/Milano)
- 8 - Immaculate Conception's day (Immacolata Concezione)
- 25 - Christmas Day (Buon Natale)
- 26 - St. Stephen's Day (Santo Stefano)
- 31 - New Year's Eve – Not a public holiday.
- Holidays – NOTE: A/O this date, Easter Monday 2016 date is not correct! – Rome Page – Source: InfoRoma – "The Rome Experts"
- Holidays in Italy in 2016 – "About Us" – Source: timeanddate.com
- Italian Holidays – Edited by Francesca Bezzone, 12/03/2014 – Explanation of holiday observances – Source: lifeinitaly.com
- Italy Public Holidays – Source: World Travel Guide – "offers inspirational destination guides, features, travel deals, events and more"
- Shopping hours: – [NOTE: There may be regional and / or seasonal changes to these hours.]
- Office hours: – [NOTE: There may be regional differences to these hours.]
- National public holidays of Italy in 2016 – "2016: Italy" – Source: OfficeHolidays – "Your Home for the Holidays"
- Public holidays in Italy – Source: Wikipedia – "the free encyclopedia"
- SEE ALSO:
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or request any further information by email, please include your email address in a separate comment. I will NOT publish any comments with an email address in it.
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 450+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
Best wishes and a Happy New Year to one and all. Auguri e un Felice Anno Nuovo a tutti.
That's it for Wednesday, 30 December 2015: mercoledì, 30 dicembre 2015
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian saying author unknown.
"Tutto è bene che riesce bene."
"All is well that ends well."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog: Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.