(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 30 April 2009)
CAVEAT: Drivers without a passenger in right hand drive (RHD) vehicles will have difficulty paying their respective toll unless their vehicle is equipped with a TELEPASS transponder. At the Autostrade exits, the toll collector's booth or toll payment machine is on the left side of the vehicle!
- TELEPASS.IT – In Italian Only
- Telepass – Source: Answers.com
- Telepass – In English, German, Italian – Source: Viaggiando – "is the mobility service of north-east Italy."
- Telepass – Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- TELEPASS: PAYING WITHOUT WASTING TIME – "A small plastic container, just a few centimetres wide, which you almost forget you have, perhaps attached behind the rear view mirror. A small jewel of technology, which allows you to pay motorway tolls without even stopping, can provide access to restricted traffic zone in the city, or can be used to pay for a parking space at the airport, a major railway station or metro interchange. All these functions are provided by Telepass (www.telepass.it), the small revolutionary electronically controlled system invented and patented by the technicians of the company Autostrade per l'Italia, Italy's largest motorway company. " – Source: italtrade.com – "The Made in Italy Official Portal"
- Telepass, Telepass, Telepass! – "Lifestyle - Living and working in Milan, Italy" – Source: milanoStyle.com
- The Autostrada – Pauline Kenny, 2003 – Source: slowtrav italy
- Motorway toll Italy – "Easing and advantages - all the way through Europe" – In Danish, English, German – Source: FDE
- Tolls – Source: Vialtis
- Tourist Survival Guide TRANSPORTATION On the Autostrada – "Transportation by Roberta Corradin and Colleen Stricker" – Source: DolceVita – "The insider's guide to Italy"
- Telepass – "Video shows approach and passing of a toll station in Italy using a Telepass on-board unit. It was filmed by myself en route from Milan, Italy, to the Swiss border via Como, at the final toll station on the A9 motorway before the Swiss border. The film first shows the approach to the toll station, signs on the road and overhead guiding users to the Telepass-only lanes, then the toll station itself, and the toll lanes. Note the acoustic signals emitted by the OBU upon entering and exiting the toll lane and the barrier in the lane being lifted automatically as the OBU emits the first acoustic signal." – Author: Markus Stamm, Date: 2006-02-09 – Source: Wikimedia Commons
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on Distance Calculators (How Far Is It?) for Italy , Tuesday, November 21, 2006
- Info About Automobile Clubs in and outside of Italy , dated Friday, September 22, 2006
- Info about Driving in Italy *, dated Friday, March 17, 2006
- Info on On-Line Route Planning and Maps of Italy *, dated Thursday, November 17, 2005
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
If you spend any time traveling on or using the Autostrade, it is worth the price on acquiring a Telepass unit. Especially, if you are traveling during holiday periods or the summer vacation months, a Telepass unit will be very convenient to have and keep you out of the long lines (queues) to pay one's toll.
That's it for Friday, 9 March 2007: venerdì, 9 marzo 2007.
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Alle donne piacciono gli uomini silenziosi. Credono che ascoltino."
"Women like silent men. They believe they are listening."
Please read my wife's blog about our life in Italy:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.