Here are some links for Italian Food Festivals (read festa or sagre) in Italy:
FOOD FESTIVALS (FESTA OR SAGRE)
- Almond Blossom Festival – (Sagra del Mandorlo in Fiore), Agrigento, Italy – Source: World Events Guide
- Best ... – Source: Delicious Italy s.r.l.
- Best August food festivals – "Inside Calabria"
- Best Campania food festivals – "Inside Naples & Campania"
- Best food festivals – Campania Dishes"
- Celebrating The Foods of Italy – Italian Food Festivals – Source: Welcome to Capucina's Italian-American Connections Web Pages – Deborah K. Millemaci
- Eating events or Sagre – Please scroll down to this section – Source: Properties of Le Marche Italy
- Festivals & Events – Source: italian cooking & living
- Italy – "Theme: Food & Drink" – Source: World Events Guide
- Italy Food Festivals – "There are literally hundreds of food festivals, sometimes advertised as sagre, and every region has them" – ParadisePath.com
- Italy Food Shows, Wine Festivals, Food Events, Food Festivals – "Food Festivals Section" – "Food Shows, Food Festivals, Food and Beverage Exhibitions and Expos" – Source: FoodReference.com
- Truffle Festivals – Source: In Italy Online!
- La Sagra del... – Source: Italian Cuisine section of About.com
- Feasts and Festivals (Sagre and Feste) – In English, French, German, Italian – Source: Colletta di Castelbianco – "Borgo Medioevale Telematio"
- Italian Festival Food – "Recipes and Traditions from Italy's Regional Country Fairs from Italy's Regional Country Fairs" – By Anne Bianchi
- 2007 Italy Food Shows, Exhibitions, Expos, Events – Source: FoodReference.com – "Food Festivals Section"
- Festival Calendar: Annual Events – "Explore sacred sites, ancient wonders, and religious places around the world." – Source: Sacred Destinations Travel Guide – "Explore the spiritual heritage of our world"
- Festivals diary – Source: Italy Travel Guide section of Travelotica.com – "is a worldwide Travel Guide with in-depth guidebook content. Your independent source for unbiased travel reviews. "
- Festivals & Events – Source: Italian Cooking & Living
- Food Festivals, Culinary Festivals and Special Events – world-wide – Source: chef2chef
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on Olive Oil in Italy *, dated Tuesday, March 20, 2007
- Info on 2007 Events and Festivals (festa or sagra) in Italy *, dated Friday, January 05, 2007
- Info on 2007 National Holiday Observances in Italy , dated Tuesday, January 02, 2007
- Info on Events and Festivals (festa or sagra) in Italy *, dated Sunday, November 20, 2005
- Info on Market Days/Antique Markets in Italy *, dated Saturday, November 19, 2005
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
There is a major difference between a festa and a sagre. A sagre is usually centered around a food item or product. A festa has a theme associated with it but there is food available.
That's it for Friday, 23 March 2007: venerdì, 23 marzo 2007.
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Non fare il passo piu lungo della gamba."
"Don't cross your bridges till you come to them."
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 29 April 2007)