- VALLE D'AOSTA
- Tourism – This link is in English, French, Italian, Russian – Source: REGIONE AUTONOMA Valle d'Aosta – In French, Italian
- APT Basilicata – In English, French, Italian, German
- Regione Calabria – "Assessorato al Turismo, Beni Culturali, Sport, Spettacolo, Emigrazione, Politiche Giovanili" – In English, Italian
- inaples – In English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian
- sorrentotourism.com – In English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Welcome to Emilia-Romagna Turismo – In English, Italian
- FRIULI VENEZIA GIULIA
- Tourism – This page is in English. From the Home Page, you have other language choices: English, Friulian (Furlan), German, Italian, Slovene
- LAZIO (LATIUM)
- Enjoy Rome – "... staffed entirely by English-speakers, is an independent tourist office offering a variety of services to independent travellers in Rome, Italy."
- The Pontine Islands - Latium – Source: Italian Government Tourist Board - North America
- Tourism – In English, Italian
- LIGURIA terradamare – "Tourism in Liguria is the portal, set up by Liguria Region for tourists and tourist operators, dedicated to whoever wishes to discover Liguria." – In Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Marche Voyager – "the · complete · tourism · & · travel · guide · to · Le · Marche · region · in · Italy" – In English, Italian, German
- Torino Turistica – In English, Italian, Spanish
- Turismo – In Italian Only – Source: Regione Autonoma della Sardegna
- Tourism in Sardinia – In English, Italian – Source: Welcome to Sardegna.indettaglio.it Sardinia in full details
- APT Sicilia – In Italian Only
- intoscana.it – "Official Tuscany Web Site" – In Chinese, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Florence Official Tourist Office Web Site – In English, Italian
- Tourist informations – "There are several different tourist boards you can contact in Tuscany, depending upon the province you are staying in. The main ones are listed on this page." – In English, Japanese – Source: Welcome Tuscany
- TRENTINO-ALTO ADIGE
- Azienda per il Turismo Trento e Monte Bondone – In English, German, Italian
- esperienza Trentino – In English, German, Italian
- Umbria the green heart of Italy – In English, Italian
- ENIT – "Italian Government Tourist Board" – In Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- REGIONAL TOURIST BOARDS WEBSITE
- Tourist offices – "Italy is dotted with public tourist offices, each based around a certain area and all providing general information. Here you can find the office covering your area of interest. If you do not live in Italy however, you can also request information by contacting one of Italian State Tourist Board's offices abroad, who will reply in the language of the country where they are based."
- Italy 101 - To Enjoy Italy on a Budget, Plan to Go Local – By Rick Steves – "As seen in Transitions Abroad Magazine March/April 2004" – Source: TransitionsAbroad.com
- Tourist Boards – Source: In Italy Online!
- Tourist Office Websites for the Regions in Italy – Source: slow travel italy
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on 2007 Events and Festivals (festa or sagra) in Italy *, dated Friday, January 05, 2007
- Info on 2007 National Holiday Observances in Italy , dated Tuesday, January 02, 2007
- Info on Events and Festivals (festa or sagra) in Italy *, dated Sunday, November 20, 2005
- Info on Market Days/Antique Markets in Italy *, dated Saturday, November 19, 2005
* = Blog entry has been updated.
In addition to the regional tourist offices and web sites, I have provided an alternate choice or choices for regional tourist information.
That's it for Tuesday, 6 March 2007: martedì, 6 marzo 2007.
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is a Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Non giudicare un libro dalla relativa copertura."
"Don't judge a book by its cover."