Here are some links for automobile clubs in and outside of Italy:
- IN ITALY
- Automobile Club d'Italia (ACI) – In Italian Only – Source: web site
- Touring Club Italiano – In Italian Only – Source: web site
- OUTSIDE OF ITALY
- ADAC – Germany – Source: web site – In German only
- American Automobile Association (AAA) – USA – If you do not have a USA ZIPCODE, you can use "22180" to get started – Source: web site
- The Automobile Association – Ireland (AA) – Ireland – Source: web site
- Auto-Moto Savez Srbije| Crne Gore (Automobile Association of Serbia and Montenegro AMS) – Serbia – Source: web site – In English, Serbian
- Auto Moto Zveza Slovenije (Automobile Association of Slovenia AMZS) – Slovenia – Source: web site – In English, Slovenian
- Australian Automobile Association (AAA) – Australia – Source: web site
- Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) – In English, French – Canada – Source: web site
- Hrvatski Autoklub (Croatian Automobile Club) – Croatia – Source: web site – In English, French, German, Italian, Croatian
- Magyar Autóklub – Hungary – Source: web site – In Hungarian (Magyar) only
- National Automobile Club – USA – Source: web site
- ÖAMTC – Austria – Source: web site – In German only
- Polski Związek Motorowy (Polish Automobile & Motorcycle Federation PZM) – Poland – Source: web site – In English, Polish
- Royal Automobile Club (RAC) – UK – Source: web site
- Royal Automobile Club of Australia – Australia – Source: web site
- New Zealand Automobile Association – New Zealand – Source: web site
- theAA.com – UK – Source: web site
- ÚAMK – Czech Republic – Source: web site – In Czech only
- Automobile associations – Source: Wikipedia – "the free encyclopedia" – In multiple languages
- Motor club – Source: Wikipedia – "the free encyclopedia" – In multiple languages
- Motoring Directory - Int. motoring organisations – "The A-Z of international motoring clubs and organisations" – Source: NRMA (National Roads and Motorists' Association) – Australia
- ItaliaAuto – "The unofficial Italian car enthusiast club of Malaysia" – Source: web site
- SEE ALSO:
- Info for maps of Roma/Rome, Italy *, dated Wednesday, June 23, 2010
- Info about the weather (meteo) in Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated Wednesday, September 30, 2009
- Info on maps for Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated Friday, September 05, 2008
- Info about the Autostrade per l'Italia *, dated Friday, February 15, 2008
- Info on Distance Calculators (How Far Is It?) for Italy *, dated Tuesday, November 21, 2006
- Info about the Weather in Italy *, dated Friday, April 28, 2006
- Info about Driving in Italy *, dated Friday, March 17, 2006
- Info on On-Line Route Planning and Maps of Italy *, dated Thursday, November 17, 2005
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
The reason that I listed automobile clubs outside of Itay is that if you are traveling by car and you needed roadside assistance whether inside or outside of Itay, you could contact one of the automobile clubs listed above. In addition, you can request maps for the specific region or country you are traveling in and ask questions at one of their respective offices. Many of these clubs have reciprocal agreements with one another.
Before traveling to Italy, you can usually get a map from your home country's automobile club in your own language. For example, the local AAA office in the USA, has maps for Italy and other countries. Depending on your level of membership, they are "free" or less expensive than a Michelin or an map printed in the country you are traveling to on your trip and either bought in a book store or ordered over the Internet.
One last thing about commercial or store bought maps. You will note that it usually mentions a scale. My rule of thumb is to look at a map of Italy as an overview of the whole country. Nice to have but it shows major highways and depending on the size of this type of map, can be cumbersome to carry around. Then, depending on your travels in Italy, select regional maps, e.g., North, Central or South or maps of specific Regions of Italy. Italy has 20 regions. Finally, there are city maps.
When my wife and I travel to Italy, depending on where we are traveling, we have an assortment of maps that we bought either in Italy or at a bookstore in the US. They are Regional maps, e.g., North, Central or South and maps of specific Regions of Italy. We take the Autostrada (toll roads) when we have to but travel on roads most tourist's are not aware of. We do not travel in a car to large cities but usually take a train and/or public transportation to get around. We will pickup "free" maps from the local tourist offices when we are traveling in a specific region or in town of some size.
That's it for Friday, 22 September 2006: venerdì, 22 settembre 2006.
Moving2Italy2 – The #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is a Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Ride bene chi ride ultimo."
"He who laughs last, laughs best."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
© Benjamin H. Licodo, 2005 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.