Here are the links for Disabled/Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and/or Vision/Sight Impaired Individuals in Italy:
- Accessible Rome – Source: slow travel italy
- Accessible Roma – Source: CO.IN. Cooperative Integrate ONLUS
- Accessible Rome – Accessible Italy – Source: Tour-Web
- Disabled Travelers – A.N.T.H.A.I. – (Associazione Nazionale Tutela Handicappati ed Invalidi) – In Italian Only
- For Disabled Travelers to Italy – Source: In Italy Online!
- Information for Handicapped People traveling to Rome – Source: CO.IN. Cooperative Integrate ONLUS
- Rome : Handicap Accessible Reviews – Source: VirtualTourist.com
- Rome in a Wheelchair – Source: travelocity
- AngloINFO – "Everything you need for life in another country..."
- AngloINFO Liguria – "Life on the Italian Riviera, in English!"
- AngloINFO Milan – "Life in Lombardy, in English!"
- AngloINFO Rome – "Life in Rome, in English!"
- AngloINFO Tuscany – "Life in Tuscany, in English!"
- AngloINFO Umbria – "Life in Umbria, in English!"
- A.Fa.M.U.T. (Associazione delle Famiglie dei Minorati dell’Udito Trentine) – is the association of the families of hard of hearing and deaf children in Trentino region – From International Federation of Hard Of Hearing Young People (IFHOHYP)
- A.I.E.S. (Associazione Italiana Educatori dei Sordi) – In Italian Only
- F.I.A.D.D.A. (Famiglie Italiane Associate per la difesa dei diritti degli audiolesi) – In Italian Only
- Mobile Care Project for the Hearing Impaired – Technologies for the community – From TIM
- Organisations for hearing-impaired people – In English, French, German, Spanish – From hear-it
- International Agency for Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) – VISION 2020 - THE RIGHT TO SIGHT
- IAPB Italy (Agenzia internazionale per la prevenzione della cecità Sezione italiana) – The Italian branch of IAPB was founded in 1977 by the Unione Italiana Ciechi (Italian Blind union) and the Società Oftalmolgica Italiana (Italian society of ophthalmologists) – From VISION 2020
- A.N.P.V.I. (Associazione Nazionale Privi della Vista e Ipovedenti) – National Association for the Sight-Impaired – In Italian Only
- UIC (Unione Italiana die Ciechi) – Italian Union for the Blind – In Italian Only
- Voice browser for people with impaired sight – Technologies for the community – From TIM
- Associazione sportiva dei Baroni Rotti – Sports flying association – In Italian Only
- Comitato Italiano Paralimpico (CIP) – Italian Committee Paralympic – In Italian Only
- SPECIAL OLYMPICS ITALIA ONLUS – Special Olympics Italia – In Italian Only
- SportABILI – Attività Sportive per Persone con Disabilità – In Italian Only
- Associazione di Nuoto per Portatori di Handicap (A.N.P.Ha.) – Swimming Association for the Handicapped – In Italian Only
- Turin 2006 Para-Olympics – IX Paralympic Winter Games 10-19 March 2006 – In English and Italian
- Associazione Subacquei Handicappati Italiani (ASHI) – Italian Handicapped Underwater Diving Association – In Italian Only
- B.I.C. Italia – The Wheelchair Basketball portal – In Italian Only
- Orientamento Sportivo Handicappati - Associazione Sportiva Paraplegici (O.S.Ha. - A.S.P.) – Sports Association for the Paraplegic – In Italian Only
- How to Travel in Italy with Disabilities or Food Allergies – Source: ItalyLogue – "Italy Travel Guide" – "Part of the BootsnAll Travel Network"
- Accessible Travel in Europe - Help for Travelers with Disablilities – Source: About.com
- Deaf and Hearing Impaired Children Europe 2005 – Welcome to this major collaborative European meeting, bringing together Europe’s major organisations for deaf and hearing impaired children.
- Handicap & Telematica: l'informazione senza barriere – Source: MC-link– In Italian Only
- Italy literature review (English language version) – ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) in Italy. IT courses for the sight impaired. – Source: EATT (Equal Access to Technology Training)
- List of Associations and Organizations – Source: ITALY GUIDE – In Italian Only
- List - Associazioni di persone con disabilità – In Italian Only
- AUDIES – Associazione nazionale per la lotta alla sordita e la tutela degli audiolesi – In Italian Only
- Society for Accessible Travel & Hospitality (SATH)
- TIM PARTICIPATES IN THE EUROPEAN YEAR FOR THE HANDICAPPED – Source: TIM's Press Releases
- Essential travel gear for our travelers – Source: Accessible Journeys, Inc.
- VOICE PROJECT - European Commission Joint Research Centre – THE VOICE PROJECT: Giving a VOICE to the deaf by developing awareness of VOICE to text recognition capabilities – In English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about medical and dental phrases and terminology used in Italy *, dated, February 10. 2010
- Info for Handicapped and Disabled Travelers going to Italy *, dated Friday, May 18, 2007
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Friday, 3 March 2006: venerdì, 3 marzo 2006.
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"A buon consiglio non si trova prezzo."
"Good advice is priceless."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.