Here are some links on travel insurance for Italy and beyond:
- Important Insurance Information – Source: In Italy Online!
- Travel Insurance – Durant & Cheryl Imboden – Source: Europe for Visitors
- Travel Insurance – Pauline Kenny, June 2007 – Source: slow travel (Note: portion of description sponsored by AIG Travel Guard)
- Travel Insurance — Highly Recommended! – Source: Sogni Italiani
- Directory – "of reputable travel insurance sources online." – Source: www-insurancetravel.info
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – Source: Select Italy – "the ultimate source for travel to Italy"
- TRAVEL INSURANCE DIRECTORY – "Worldwide travel insurance " – Source: iTravelnet
- insuremytrip.com – "...the Internet's foremost travel insurance comparison site."
- moneysupermarket.com – "the price comparison site"
- QuoteWright.com™ – "...is the authority when it comes to travel insurance comparison shopping."
- SquareMouth® – "Compare Travel insurance"
- slow travel – Slow Travel Talk TRAVEL italy – "Forums for the Slow Travel community"
- Topic: Travel Insurance – dated 1 December 2008
- When in Doubt, Insure – By DAVID A. KELLY – Published: June 14, 2010 – Source: Travel section of The New York Times
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on travel insurance from Italy to the USA and/or beyond * , dated Tuesday, March 3, 2009
- Info about what really happens when you get sick traveling in a foreign country: France and Italy, dated Wednesday, April 5, 2006
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
My wife and I have bought travel insurance before we moved to Italy for three main reasons:
- My wife had an elderly mother who lived alone.
- While both of us are reasonably healthy, you just never know.
- I had been laid off from my job (Information Technology) several times because of company mergers, corporate downsizing or economic conditions.
The reason that I did not list any specific travel insurance providers is because what may be a good policy for someone in my age group and interests may differ from someone else. There are many companies that provide travel insurance and you should select one that meets your specific needs and requirements. Please pay attention to the small print, restrictions on activities and types of travel, pre-existing medical/health conditions and age of insured individual(s).
That's it for Friday, 26 October 2007: venerdì, 28 ottobre 2007.
Moving2Italy2 – The #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is a Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Una mela al giorno leva il medico di torno."
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."
Please read my wife's blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.