PICKPOCKETING IN ITALY
- ARTICLES/TRAVEL NOTES
- How to Avoid Being Pickpocketed – Published May 24, 2007 – by: L. Vincent Poupard – Source: associatedcontent – "The people's media company™"
- Pickpockets in Italy – Phyllis from NY – Source: Italy Travel Notes within slow travel talk Italy section of slow travel
- Pickpocket Prevention – by Sarah Beck (issue no. 24/2006 / January 12, 2006) – Source: The Florentine
- Pickpockets – "A traveler's guide to dealing with pickpockets in Italy: how to foil them, and where to avoid them" – Source: reidsitaly.com – "travel beyond vacations™" – "The ultimate Italy travel guide"
- The Kings of Thieves: Gypsies – "A traveler's guide to spotting and foiling gypsies and their pickpocketing children in Europe"
- Train Safety in Italy – "Sleeping on overnights trains in Italy is a relatively safe endeavor, but take a few sensible precautions to avoid pickpockets and thieves and sleep more soundly"
- A Pickpocket's Tricks – "How to Avoid Getting Robbed While on Vacation in Italy" – By Lisa – Monday, March 29th, 2010 – Source: Travel section of lifeinitaly.com
- TRIPADVISOR POINTS OUT TOP 10 PLACES WORLDWIDE TO BEWARE PICKPOCKETS – September 10, 2009 – NOTE: Italy and Spain are mentioned 2 times each – Source: tripadvisor® – "get the truth. then go.®"
- BLOGS/BLOG ENTRIES/FORUM DISCUSSIONS
- How to Avoid a Pickpocket – "Think you’re savvy enough to avoid being pickpocketed??" – Blogger: Sara Rosso – Posted on: July 9th, 2007 – Source: Ms. Adventures IN ITALY – "MY STOMACH, THE WORLD"
- Pickpockets, Florence – Source: Italy Travel Guide section of virtualtourist – "The people behind the places™"
- Pickpocket Warning for Roma Termini – Posted by: 2italy2, on: 10 May 2010 01:54 AM – Source: slow travel talk Italy section of slow travel
- Thiefhunters in Paradise – "or, High and Dry on the Streets of Elsewhere" – Bloggers: Bambi Vincent and Bob Arno – Source: web site
- The Dreaded Money Belt – "A moneybelt for keeping your spare cash, traveler's checks, passport, and credit cards safe is the one indispensable accessory every traveler loves to hate." – Source: reidsitaly.com – "travel beyond vacations™" – "The ultimate Italy travel guide"
- How to Avoid Becoming Pickpocket Prey – By Tania Valdemoro – Source: The Abroad View Foundation – "expand your horizons"
- Personal security (safety) in Rome – Please scroll down to section, "Pickpockets" – by Mauro Abate – Source: ROMAN Homes – "WHEN IN ROME, STAY IN HOMES AS THE ROMANS DO!"
- Safety Tips – Source: Corporate Travel Safety™ – "... is your destination for unique travel safety and security products." – "Worry Free Travel Gear ... for Your Peace of Mind!™"
- Beside these "Safety Tips", please scroll down to section labeled, "Pickpockets"
- Things You Should Know About Rome – by Jessica | August 24th, 2009 – Source: Italy section of WhyGo
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on some of my blog entries (URLs) for Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated Wednesday, July 22, 2009
- Info on Scams and Ripoffs in Italy *, dated Friday, May 26, 2006
- Info on Personal Safety in Italy *, dated Wednesday, November 30, 2005
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
There's a lot of good advice in the links above. No one is immune from being pickpocket, no matter how experienced a traveler you are. You only need to be distracted for a second and then you'll be a victim. Please folks, be careful out on the highways and byways of the world.
That's it for Wednesday, 19 May 2010: mercoledì, 19 maggio 2010
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Le preoccupazioni del domani appartengono al domani."
"The problems of tomorrow belong to tomorrow."
Please read my wife's blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.