Here are some links about finding rental accommodations in Italy (includes a glossary of terms used in Italian ads for rental housing or selling an apartment, condo, etc.):
- Accommodation in Rome – Source: friends in rome – "Old city znd New friends... Live the real Rome!" – "socialize and network with international and local people while discovering everything that Rome has to offer and enjoy great food and wine"
- Accommodation in Rome - I Part – Posted by Margarita Millere – Living in Rome | Thursday, August 5, 2010
- Finding a rental property – "How to find your dream flat" – Source: Italy section of Just Landed – "Expatriate guides" – In multiple languages
- Italian Property & Real Estate Jargon – Source: AngloINFO in Italy
- Rent house or flat (apartment) – Accommodation – Source: Milan section of easyexpat.com – In Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Renting a House or Apartment in Italy – Source: AngloINFO Italy
- SHORT AND LONG-TERM
- Affittasi.com – In Italian Only – "Il Portale degli affitti in Rete"
- Affitti.it – In Italian Only – "LO SPECIALISTA DEGLI AFFITTI"
- Affitti Italia – In Italian Only – "annunci di compravendita ed affitti di stanze, appartamenti, monolocali e immobili"
- AFFITTO – In Italian Only – "se è in affitto è già su ..."
- casa.it® – In Italian Only – "il portale immobiliare n° 1 in Italia" – "Affitto - Residenziale"
- eurekasa.it – In Italian Only – "I migliori immobili da privati e agenzie"
- immobiliare.it – " Find your property on Italy's N.1 real estate website" – In English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- mio affitto – In Italian Only –
- puntoaffitto® – In Italian Only – based in Lucca (LU), Tuscany – "SPECIALISTI IN LOCAZIONI"
- Rentxpress – "Furnished apartments for rent in Milan Rome Bologna Venice Turin Florence Paris" – In English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- solo affitti – In Italian Only
- Sublet.com – "Apartments & Rooms Direct from Owners"
- xpat rentals – "The LARGEST selection of Venice apartments and houses in ONE place."
- SHORT TERM
- AngloINFO Italy – "Everything you need for life in another country!"
- Classifieds section of AngloINFO Liguria – "Life on the Italian Riviera, in English!"
- Classifieds section of AngloINFO Milan – "Life in Lombardy, in English!"
- Classifieds section of AngloINFO Rome – "Life in Rome, in English!"
- Classifieds section of AngloInfo Tuscany – "Life in Tuscany, in English!"
- Classifieds section of AngloINFO Umbria – "Life in Umbria, in English!"
- Classifieds section of The Florentine – Firenze/Florence
- Classifieds section of Hello Milano – "On-line guide to Milan" – Milano/Milan
- place a classified ad in easy milano – "The # 1 biweekly publication for the English-speaking community of Milan" – Milano/Milan – In English, Italian
- Rome Classifieds of Live in Rome & Italy – "Travel Resources, City Guide, Classified Ads for Rome and Italy"
- Classifieds section of Wanted in Rome – "Everything you need to know about living in Rome."
- craigslist > italy – "provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.". The listings in Italy may be in English or Italian.
- florence / tuscany
- napoli / campania
- venice / veneto
- Italyclassifieds.net – "Free Classifieds in Italy"
- Classified ads may be in English or Italian
- Please check web site for list of cities
- Bakeca.it – In Italian Only – "Annunci Gratuiti Online"
- You can select: "Cosa stai cercando?" (What you are looking for?) and "In che città?" (In which city?)
- EasyStanza – "The Web's No.1 Flatshare & House Share website" – Source: web site – For various cities in Italy and in other countries and available in multiple languages
- kijiji™ (ebay® classifieds) – In Italian Only
- You can select: "Dove?" (Where?) and "In Quale Categoria?" (In which category?)
- Porta Portese – In Italian Only – "è annunci gratuiti per Roma e Lazio, annunci e inserzioni gratuite immobiliari, annunci gratuiti di vendita e affitto appartamenti, annunci di lavoro, annunci di compravendita moto e auto usate.".
- affitto/affitti = rent/rents
- affittasi appartamento arredato = rent furnished apartment
- affittasi appartamento signorile = rent luxury apartment
- appartamenti = apartment or flat (British)
- arredata = furnished with some furniture and/or appliances
- non arredato = unfurnished
- ascensore = elevator or lift (British)
- senza ascensore = no elevator or no lift (British)
- balcone/balconcino/balconi = balcony/balconies
- bilocale = 1 bedroom (camera) and a living room (soggiorno)
- casa = house
- casa in vendita = house for sale
- climatizzato/climatizzatore = air-conditioned/air conditioning
- condominio = condominium
- disposto su 2 piani = on 2 floors
- monolocale = studio apartment or flat (British) = no bedroom
- ottimo stato = excellent condition
- ottimamente arredato = well furnished
- quadrilocale = 3 bedrooms (camere) and a living room (soggiorno)
- recentemente ristrutturato = recently renovated
- riscaldamento centralizzato = central heating
- servizio di portineria = concierge service
- senza spese condominiali = no condo fees
- stanza = room
- termoautonomo = central heating/climate control
- trilocale = 2 bedrooms (camere) and a living room (soggiorno)
- utenze incluse = utilities included
- vendita = sell, sellind
- videocitofono = video intercom
- bagno con doccia = bathroom with shower
- bagno con vasca = bathroom with bath tub
- doppi servizi = two bathrooms
- servizio = bathroom
- servizio con vasca idromassaggio = bathroom with jacuzzi
- camera doppia = double room
- camere matrimoniale = double room
- camera da letto = bedroom
- camera singola = single bedroom
- camera con cabina armadio = bedroom with walk-in closet
- DINING ROOM
- pranzo = dining room
- zona pranzo = dining area
- cucina/cucinotto = kitchen
- fornello = stove or cooker (British) and it may be gas or electric
- forno = oven
- frigorifero = refrigerator or fridge (British)
- lavello = sink
- lavastoviglie = dishwasher
- lavatrice = washing machine
- LIVING ROOM
- lampada = lamp
- saloni = living room
- soggiorno = living room
- soggiorno ampio = spacious living room
- soggiorno con angolo cottura = living room with kitchen corner
- stanza di soggiorno = living room
- OTHER ROOMS/STRUCTURES
- box auto = garage
- camera = room
- cameretta singola = single room that may be used as a small bedroom or study or den or nursery
- cantina = cellar
- garage = garage - The garage may be outside or underground
- ingresso = entrance hall
- piano mansardato = attic floor space
- ripostiglio = store room/closet
- ripostiglio esterno = outside shed/external structure
- seminterrato = basement
- stanza = room
- stanza lavanderia = laundry room
- lavatrice = washing machine
- studio = study
- vano guardaroba = dressing room
- ammessi animali = pets allowed
- caldaia = furnace
- camino/caminetto = fireplace
- disponibilità immediata = immediate availability
- doppi vetri = double glazing
- giardino = garden and in Italy AKA yard
- impianto allarme = alarm system
- ingresso indipendente = independent entrance
- molto luminoso = very bright
- pavimenti in cotto = terracotta floors
- pavimenti in parquet = parquet floors
- porta blindata = security door
- posto auto = parking place. The parking space may be covered or open to the elements.
- riscaldamento autonomo = autonomous heating
- tapparelle elettriche = electric shutters
- terrazzo con vista città = terrace with a city view
- terrazzo con vista mare = terrace with a sea view
- tutti gli elettrodomestici = all appliances
- veranda = veranda and in Italy AKA patio or porch
- vietato fumare = no smoking
- vista panoramica = panoramic views
- zanzariere = mosquito nets
- FURNISHINGS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE PROVIDED
- armadio = wardrobe
- cabina armadio = wardrobe
- cassettone = chest of drawers
- divano - sofa
- letto = bed
- poltrona = armchair
- scaffale = book case
- sedia = chair
- tappeto = rug/carpet
- tavola = table
NOTES AND THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU RENT
- When you see the phrase, "compreso riscaldamento" and it means "includes heating". Please note: Usually, you do NOT have any control of the heating in your apartment unless otherwise stated, for example, when it is turned on for the winter months and/or the duration of the daily heating period.
- FLOOR LEVELS ARE DIFFERENT IF COMING FROM USA
- piano seminterrato = basement level = In USA = XX floor = elevator # = "-1"
- piano terra = ground level = In USA = first floor = elevator # = "0"
- piano primo = first floor = In USA = second floor = elevator # = "1"
- piano secondo = second floor = In USA = third floor = elevator # = "2"
- piano terzo = third floor = In USA = fourth floor = elevator # = "3"
- and so on ...
- LACK OF ELEVATORS/LIFTS
- Depending on where you end up renting in Italy, you will NOT find that many elevators or lifts (British) in apartment buildings that are various stories high. Remember: Everything including your groceries needs to be carried up the flight of stairs and everything including trash, garbage, etc. must be carried back down.
- Allo' Expat Italy – "Connecting Expats in Italy" – Source: Allo' Expat – "Connecting Expats Worldwide"
- City Experiences: Milan – Submitter's Name: Emma – Date Submitted: September 23, 2007 – Source: Italy section of Expat Women – "Helping Women Living Overseas"
- Cost of Living in Italy – Source: Italy section of Expat Arrivals – "local info for global expats"
- Expat Italy – Source: Expat Intelligence – In multiple languages
- Living in Italy – "Key Expatriate Websites and Resources" – Source: Transitions Abroad – "WORK STUDY TRAVEL LIVING"
- Private rental housing expatriate – Source: expatfinder.com – "Making life abroad easier"
- Home for rent – "Find apartments for rent!"
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on some of my blog entries (URLs) for Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated Wednesday, July 22, 2009
- Info on Housing & Rentals for Italy *, dated Tuesday, April 03, 2007
- Info on Lease, Rental Contracts or Agreements for housing in Italy *, dated Friday, June 08, 2007
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Wednesday, 12 May 2010: mercoledì, 12 maggio 2010
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"L'April piovoso, fa il Maggio grazioso."
"A rainy April, makes May grateful."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.
© Benjamin H. Licodo, 2005 - 2015, All Rights Reserved.