Here are some links about, for or on gelato (ice cream) in Italy:
- 24 Things to Know About Gelato – December 5th, 2011 – by Jessica (Spiegel) – Source: Italy section of WhyGo, Part of the BootsnAll Travel Network – "ONE-STOP INDIE TRAVEL GUIDE EST. 1998"
- Italian Gelato Flavors Decoded – May 26th, 2008
- How to Order Gelato in Italy – July 14th, 2008
- How to Find Good Gelato in Italy – March 26th,
- All About Gelato – Pauline Kenny – Source: Found under Food, Restaurants and Cafes in Italy subsection of the slow travel italy section of slow travel
- Gelato - Italian Ice Cream – Source: ice-cream-recipes.com – "Ice Cream Blog"
- Gelato 101– "Welcome to Gelato 101! From a centuries-long, intriguing history, to what ingredients lay beneath its creamy goodness, to the artisanal, delicate waves created in its presentation, gelato offers something unique and fascinating to the words “frozen dessert.” – Source: WhyGelato.com – "A Gelato-Inspired Resource."
- History of Ice Cream in Italy – "History of Gelato" – Justin Demetri – Source: lifeinitaly.com
- How to Find Good Gelato in Italy – "How To: No trip to Italy is complete without savoring a little gelato, but all gelato is not created equal. Valerie Ng reveals how to find the best and avoid the mediocre. (Hint: don't let bright colors fool you.)" – Source: WORLDHUM – "The Best Travel Stories on the Internet" Tour Del Gelato – By Sara Rosso – Source: blog: Ms. Adventures IN ITALY – "MY STOMACH, THE WORLD"
- Italian Ice Cream Articles – by various contributors – Source: Found in the Italy section of Countries on globerove – "is a world travel, tourism & culture blog"
- What's the difference between gelato and ice cream? – By Jessica Harlan, About.com Guide – Source: Cooking Equipment section of About.com
- Winner of the Best Gelato in Italy – By Martha Bakerjian – Source: Italy Travel section of About.com
- Seven Sensational Gelaterie in Turin - Over 100 Scoops Later – November 06, 2010 – blogger: Kathy Ayer – Source: Food Lover's Odyssey – "Tasty Tales and Tips for Eating Your Way Through Italy and France"
- The 'Slow Food' Movement, Italian-Style: Gelato, Zucchini Flowers and Sheep's Cheese – Friday, 29 July 2011 – blogger: Dawn Marshallsay – Source: ecohearth – "come home to the earth"
- Where to Find the Best Gelato in Italy – "Italy’s full of gelato shops, and many of them serve up flavorful, fresh gelato made from natural ingredients. Many other gelaterie, though, sell gelato that’s been made at a factory, pumped full of chemicals, preservatives, and artificial colorings, and put on display in metal containers to look “artisanal.” (Fact: It’s not)." – Posted in Food & Wine on July 19, 2011 – About Us – Source: The Walks of Italy Blog section of Walks of Italy – "Experience Italy with our Expert Insiders—with Ease!"
- Festa del Gelato – In Italian Only – Dates: 22 August 2010 – Location: Acquaviva delle Fonti, Province of Bari (BA), Region of Puglia – Source: Acquavivanet – "LA VOCE DEL PAESE"
- Firenze Gelato Festival (Florence Gelato Festival) – In Italian Only – Dates: 17 - 26 May 2013 – Location: Firenze (FI), Region of Tuscany – Source: web site
- Italia Gelato Tour 2013 – Source:italiagelatotour.it – In English, Italian
- Firenze Gelato Festival (Florence) – Dates: 17 - 26 May 2013
- Gelato Festival Milano (Milan) – Dates: 31 May - 2 June 2013
- Gelato Festival Torino (Turin) – Dates: 7 - 9 June 2013
- Gelato Festival Roma (Rome) – Dates: June 2013
- Sagra del gelato – In Italian Only – please scroll down to Agosto on "Eventi e manifestazioni" – Dates: 7 - 15 August – Location: Region of Umbria – Source: Comune di Massa Martana
- 25 Ice Cream and Gelato Recipes – "There is no more decadent respite from hot weather than a cool, silky scoop of homemade ice cream. Get your ice cream maker in gear to try these 25 recipes, from old favorites like chocolate and strawberry to surprising new flavors that incorporate fresh " – Source: SAVEUR – "is a magazine for people who experience the world food first. Created to satisfy the hunger for genuine information about food in all its contexts, the magazine emphasizes heritage and tradition, home cooking and real food, evoking flavors from around the (including forgotten pockets of culinary excellence in the United States). It celebrates the cultures and environments in which dishes are created and the people who create them. It serves up rich, satisfying stories that are complex, defining and memorable."
- Gelato Recipes – Source: Mangia Bene Pasta – "Chi mangia bene, viva bene - Who eats well, lives well" –"Traditional Italian Recipes"
- How to Make Gelato: A Detailed, Step-by-Step Recipe – Source: FOOD NOUVEAU – "DELICIOUS DISCOVERIES, ABROAD OR AT HOME"
- Gelato – "Gelato, or ice-cream, has been enjoyed all over the world in one form or another for thousands of years, but the advent of the gelateria in Australia is a much more recent occurrence." – From the November 2011 issue – Source: italianicious – "A CULTURAL LOVE AFFAIR"
- Top 5 Gelato Locations in Italy – on Jun 27, 12 – by Yun – Source: Select Italy – "Italy Travel and Vacation Packages - Buy tickets Online for Museums, Trains, The Vatican, Uffizi and More." – "About Select Italy"
- Gelato = Florence, Italy – By: Toni Mazzaglia – Filmmaker: Toni Mazzaglia – Host: Jennifer Pendergrass – Source: geobeats – "The Premier Video Travel Guide." – "Locals Showing the Best Places to See, Ear, and Stay Around the World"
- Il Gelato Vivoli Florence (Italy) – Filmed: May, 2009 – Uploaded: 07/27/2009 – Source: TripFilms – "Travel Inspired" – ",,, inspiring, informative travel videos from real travelers."
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on some of the best gelaterie (where to buy gelato) in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, June 20, 2012
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 500+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Wednesday, 13 September 2010: mercoledì, 13 Settembre 2010
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb / saying, author unknown.
"Gli estremi si toccano."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs: Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.