Here are some links about, for and on Expats living in Italy or elsewhere in the world:
EXPAT RELATED LINKS
- Allo' Expat – "Connecting Expats Worldwide - Expatriates Resources" – Source: web site
- Expatriate & Related Links – Source: Expat Financial – "Global Financial Security"
- EXPAT WEBSITES AND RESOURCES – Source: Expat Offshore – "OFFSHORE SERVICE FOR EXPATS"
- Italy – An Expatriate Guide – Source: EXPAT FOCUS
- Transitions Abroad – Source: web site
- ExpatForum.com – Choice of multiple countries – Source: web site
- Forum – [Italy] – "Board Index" – Source: Expats in Italy – "for those who dream and those who live the dream"
- Forums – Choice of multiple countries – Source: Easy Expat – In Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Expat Focus Discussion Forums – Choice of "Country Forums" – Source: EXPAT FOCUS
- Italy Forum – Source: ExpatExchange.com – "A World of Friends Abroad"
- Australians Abroad – "It's a mixed bag..." – Source: web site
- BritishExpats.com – "Serving the expatriate community" – Source: web site
- Canuck Abroad – "is a resource for Canadian expatriates abroad, or Canadians planning to travel." – Source: web site
- Easy Expat – Source: web site
- ExpatClic,com - Women’s Expatrication – "Main goal of the website is to assist women from all countries and nationalities in the daily management of their expat lives as well as to facilitate their move and relocation in a new foreign country (when not in their own country of origin)." – Source: web site – In multiple languages
- ExpatExchange.com – "A World of Friends Abroad" – Source: web site
- Expats in Italy – "for those who dream and those who live the dream" – Source: web site
- EXPATS.org.uk – "is a free source of information for British expatriates, contracting or living overseas, almost a UK expats yellow pages, also with an overseas recruiter database, country information with links relevant to British expats (and any other English speaking ex-pats)" – Source: web site
- Italy – "Community" – Source: expatriates.com – "the online community for expatriates"
- AMERICAN CITIZENS ABROAD – Source: web site
- Association of Americans Resident Overseas – Source: web site
- Overseas Voices – "news and information from ameericans living abroad" – Source: Americans living abroad
- British Expat – "Worldwide Community for British Expats" – "News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!" – Source: web site
- escape artist – "magazine & website"
- EFAM (Escape From America Magazine) – "live where you want to live ~ live how you want to live ~ and make money doing it"
- Expat Daily News – "Invest Overseas - Live Overseas - Retire Overseas - Work Overseas - Hot Topics"
- EXPAT WORLD – "the newsletter of international living" – Source: web site
- Expat Focus Newsletter – Source: EXPAT FOCUS
- International Herald Tribune – "The Global Edition of The New York Times" – Source: web site
- Overseas Digest – "the adventure of living and working abroad" – Source: web site
- craigslist: Local community classifieds and forums - a place to find jobs, housing, goods & services, social activities, a girlfriend or boyfriend, advice, community information, and just about anything else -- all for free, and in a relatively non-commercial environment.
- Living Abroad – "INFORM • CONNECT • EMPOWER" – NOTE: A fee based service – Source: web site
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about Expat agreements for an international assignment to Italy *, dated Wednesday, June 09, 2010
- Info on blogs about Italy written by Expats living in Italy *, dated Tuesday, December 26, 2006
- Info about Mail Forwarding for Italy , dated Saturday, July 08, 2006
- Info about Moving Pets to Italy *, dated Friday, April 14, 2006
- Info about Checklists for Moving or Relocating to Italy *, dated Friday, April 7, 2006
- Info on Relocation and Moving to Italy *, dated Monday, January 30, 2006
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
You will find Expats and former Expats everywhere in this country or that one. I am a former Expat. In another life, I lived and worked in Germany and Kuwait. I was very fortunate to be able to live in a couple of foreign countries and experience daily life as a resident and not as a tourist. However, to some people, I was a foreigner and would always be one, even if I lived in that country for 10, 20, 30+ years.
My time overseas, enriched and broaden my life experience. It made me a better person. At the time, I was a single parent and my daughters benefited by living overseas. It can be a wonderful and enriching experience if you let it happen.
You will read stories, comments and complaints by some Expats about the bureaucracy and paperwork required to live in the country, how inefficient this thing is or that, do you know how bad the exchange rate is today or much worse how much better it was where they came from (country unspecified and it's not always the USA). However, these very same individuals will say to you once back home, "Do you know, I went to Paris or London or Rome for the weekend?" or I saw this or that or you cannot believe what I bought in ... or how little I paid for it.
Being an Expat is not for everyone.
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to leave a comment and I'll update this blog entry.
That's it for Wednesday, 9 November 2005
Please read my wife's blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.