Here are the links for private and public transportation and other transportation modes in Italy:
PRIVATE AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
- Air One – In English and Italian
- Alitalia – Within Italy or Europe
- Meridiana – In English, French, Italian, Spanish – Within Italy or Europe
- ALILAGUNA – the private venetian transportation company
- Amalfi Coast – Bus schedule for Amalfi - Positano - Meta - Sorrento plus additional information for the Amafi coast:
- Public transportation
- Travel Advice
- Driving directions
- Tourist Services
- Azienda Mobilità e Trasporti SpA (Genova) – In Italian Only
- The Bus Station: Italy Links – bus coach tram trolleybus and transit links worldwide
- Bus Service - Venice - Cortina, Venice Airport, Treviso Airport
- Circumvesuviana Stops and the Timetable – Naples – In Italian Only
- italia Rail – THE ONLY NORTH AMERICAN WEBSITE ENTIRELY DEDICATED TO TRAVEL BY TRAIN IN ITALY – From ItaliaRail.com
- ITALY RAIL TRANSPORTATION - TRAVEL TIPS – From GOPORTA.com
- Trains in Italy – From slow travel italy
- Trenitalia – Available services:
- Timetable and purchasing
- Intercity card
- Services for
- Trains and stations
- Customer area
- Train Station Information (Major Cities) – From Grandi Stazioni S.p.A.
- AUTOMOBILE CLUBS
- Automobile Club d'Italia (ACI) – In Italian Only
- Autostrada – the highway system in Italy
- Infoviabilità – Real Time Traffic – In Italian Only
- CAR LEASING – Information on tax free leases for those planning to travel in Italy for more than 17 days or more. There are significant savings over renting a car for 17 days or more.
- CAR/MODEL INFORMATION FOR LEASED CARS – (Information about cars and models from UK web sites)
- CMN Ferries – (Marseille-Corsica-Sardegna) – In multiple languages
- ENERMAR – In multiple languages
- Venice Chioggia to Spalato (Split)
- Genoa to Palau
- Palau to La Maddalena
- Ferries Guide 2006: Sardinia – In English, French, German, Italian – from CEMAR AGENCY NETWORK - ITALY
- Ferry Boats – Italy
- Linee Marittime Partenopee – Amafi Coast
- Moby Lines –
- Italy to Corsica
- Italy to Sardinia
- Coop. Sant'Andrea s.r.l.
- ferries lines – Amafi Coast
- Tirrenia di Navigazione S.p.A. – In English, French, German, Italian
- MISCELLANEOUS TRANSPORTATION LINKS
- Public transports in Venice – From Actv
- Water Buses
- Land Buses
- Transport Links is "a collection of useful web sites that will give you information on schedules for trains, planes, and ferries, plus more sites with information about the autostrada highway system. Many of these sites are in Italian only, but if it's only times and cities you're interested in, you ought to be able to get everything you need from them." – From In Italy Online!
- TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION – ITALY – COMPLETE LIST – YAHOO
- LIMOUSINE SERVICE
- 2Golfilimoservice – LOW PRICE AND EXCELLENT SERVICE
- Airport Shuttle – Door to door service from airport FIUMICINO / CIAMPINO to the Rome Hotels or private residence.
- Giomus Limousine Service – Sightseeing Excursions Throughout Italy
- ItalyCarService.it – ENJOY ITALY WITH US
- ROAD/TRAVEL CONDITIONS
- CCISS – Nationwide Traffic Safety and Road Condition – From radio.rai.it – In Italian Only
- Infoviabilità – Real Time Traffic – In Italian Only
- Italy – Select from list of cities/towns in Italy – "Weatherbase is your one authoritative source for finding monthly weather records and averages for more than 16,439 cities worldwide." – From Weatherbase
- italy-weather-and-maps.com – home to maps of Italy, current Italian weather conditions, and six day weather forecasts for every Italian region and province.
- Italy Country Guide - Travel Internal – From WTG World Travel Guide
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on Low Cost Airlines with Flights out of and to Italy , dated Friday, April 20, 2007
- Info on funiculars/funicolare in Italy , dated Tuesday, January 30, 2007
- Info on Distance Calculators (How Far Is It?) for Italy *, dated Tuesday, November 21, 2006
- Info About Automobile Clubs in and outside of Italy , dated Friday, September 22, 2006
- Info About Leasing a Car for Italy , dated Tuesday, September 19, 2006
- Info on Bus Transportation in Italy , dated Friday, September 15, 2006
- Info about Trains and Train Stations in Italy , dated Tuesday, May 16, 2006
- Info about the Weather in Italy *, dated Friday, April 28, 2006
- Info about Ferries to and from Italy *, dated Friday, March 24, 2006
- Info about Driving in Italy *, dated Friday, March 17, 2006
- Info on Airports in Italy, Airport Guides and How to Get To and From the Airport *, dated Wednesday, November 23, 2005
- Info on On-Line Route Planning and Maps of Italy *, dated Thursday, November 17, 2005
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
This is a pretty good sampling of private and public transportation and other transportation modes in Italy. With the exception of LIMOUSINE SERVICE, where I only listed a few because usually one goes by a recommendation from friends or a travel agent or by word of mouth. You can also do a search (Find) on the Slow Travel Talk Italy forum site for a recommendation for a LIMOUSINE SERVICE. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. The same goes for any other suggestions or recommendations for transportation.
My wife and I have used various forms of transportation in Italy and we have been rewarded with many memories and unbelieveable sights. Yes, at times it can be confusing. But a bus ride down the Amalfi coast with a ferry ride back to Sorrento is fantastic and filled with excitement especially with its scenic views of the water and the coastline. It is not to be missed!
Please note: Be sure to check the year of any schedule listed above. These listings were done in the fall of 2005. Italy uses a 24 hour clock. Which means you will subtract 1200 from anytime over or greater than 12:00 while you are traveling in Italy. For example, 14:15 is 2:15 PM or 23:47 is 11:47 PM.
That's it for Friday, 2 December 2005: venerdì, 2 dicembre 2005
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Ogni regola ha un' eccezione."
"There is an exception to every rule."
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 21 August 2006)