(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 11 June 2006)
- Tourist Info for Cortona – This web site contains a lot of information not only of Cortona but of the surrounding area. – In multiple languages – From Cortonaweb
- About Florence.com ... your Tourist Guide to Florence – This non-commercial website offers interesting and useful information about one of the most beautiful city in the world, Florence (Italy). We have collected for you the most precious historical and practical information available.
- Marche Voyager – the complete tourism & travel guide to the Marche region in Italy
- Perugia online – From Perugia Online ® tourist guide to the city of Perugia - tourist information
- Timeout – Rome – Onkine city guide
- Enjoy rome, staffed entirely by English-speakers, is an independent tourist office offering a variety of services to independent travelers in Rome, Italy.
- Toscana News – Comes up in Italian with a "Select your language" with either English or German as choices
- Tourist Info for Tuscany – From Tuscany.net
- UmbriaOnline® – Tour Umbria with Umbria Online. Tourist information on hotels, country house residences, art and events
- Italia – From Italian Government Tourist Board (ENIT North America)
- ENIT Italian state tourist board – In Multiple languages
- DolceVita – The insider’s guide to Italy
- Dream of Italy – The Insider’s Guide to Undiscovered Italy – Subscription Travel Newsletter and Resource Center
- In Italy Online! – There are more than 4000 pages on our web site, all written by our staff and friends: people who have lived in Italy for at least a decade and usually much more.
- Italia Mia – Your guide to Italy and its products
- Beyond Tourism: Italy – From LET’S GO
- FOCUS on ITALY – The Eternal Beauty of Europe... – From "Focus on the World" online magazine
- The Italian Tourism Connection – From italiaplease
- Italy Country Guide - Travel Internal – From WTG World Travel Guide
- Italy Travel Guide: Travel Information – The Ultimate Travel Planning Resource – From ThereArePlaces ®
- Italy for Visitors – From About.com
- Online Resources for Travel to Italy – From slow travel italy
- Planning Your Trip – Italy by Regions – From Italian Government Tourist Board - North America
- Tourism in Italy – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Tourist Office Websites for the Regions in Italy – From slow travel italy
- travelinitaly – ITALY: Where, what, when and why – is a news site where users submit articles and the readers choose which stories make the headlines.
- Willgoto: Italy – Travel guide and directory – From Willgoto
- Italy – Select from list of cities/towns in Italy – "Weatherbase is your one authoritative source for finding monthly weather records and averages for more than 16,439 cities worldwide." – From Weatherbase
- italy-weather-and-maps.com – home to maps of Italy, current Italian weather conditions, and six day weather forecasts for every Italian region and province.
- Info on Events and Festivals (festa or sagra) in Italy, dated Sunday, November 20, 2005
- Info on Market Days/Antique Markets in Italy, dated Saturday, November 19, 2005
- Info on Outlets and Shopping in Italy, dated Friday, November 25, 2005
- Info for On-Line Magazines and Publications for Italy and Europe, dated Friday, November 11, 2005
- Info on On-Line Route Planning and Maps of Italy, dated Thursday, November 17, 2005
Some of the above, you can find in guide books but the Internet is providing a wealth of information and resources about Italy. Right now, you can find it on the web faster than finding it in print. I am sure there are more sites but this is a start. In the future, please check back because I am updating these blog entries based on the interaction with the readers of this blog and as I discover new links in my continuing search for knowledge and other interesting sites.
That's it for Sunday, 4 December 2005: domenica, 4 dicembre 2005
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Finchè c'è vita c'è speranza."
Where there's life, there's hope.
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 11 June 2006)