Thursday, December 08, 2005

Info for Visas and Permits for Italy

(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 26 October 2009)

Here are the links for Visas and Permits for Italy:


VISAS AND PERMITS
VARIOUS OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED IN ITALY
MISCELLANEOUS
* = Blog entry has been updated.

Please read my wife's blog about our life with photographs in Italy:
Friends and Family in Italy


Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.

Unlike in the United States, Italians are required to have a national identification card, Carta d'Identità, and to keep it in their possession at ALL times. In addition, for those individuals coming to Italy from the United States to study, work or for an extended stay (greater than 90 days) and who are NOT EU citizens and passport holders, will be required to have a Permesso di Soggiorno (PdiS) – Permit to Stay. You will also be required to keep these documents in your possession. The police can stop you at anytime and demand to see the Carta d'Identità and Permesso di Soggiorno. Failure to produce them and show them to the police will result in you being taken into custody until the matter is resolved to their satisfaction.

You can drive in Italy on a valid driver's license from your home state in the U.S. with an Intermational Driving Permit (IDP) for 1 year. After a year, you will be required to take a written test in Italian or in some regions in English on one day and on a different day, a separate driving test to get an Italian drivers license plus submit a doctor's certificate of medical capability and certain prepaid fees. There is an option for an oral examination.

That's it for Thursday, 8 December 2005: giovedì, 8 dicembre 2005

Ciao, Ben

Today’s quote is an Neapolitan Italian proverb, author unknown.

"Fa chello ca dic'i', e nu cchiello ca facc'i."
"Do what I say, and not what I do."

(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 26 October 2009)

3 comments:

Michael Severini said...

Amazing blog! My fiance and I are also planning to move to Italy hopefully in the next 2 years or so. I recently got my Italian Citizenship and now we are slowly gathering all the info we will need. I have started a blog to share my experience with the citizenship process. I have some questions for you, so maybe we can email offline.

Ben Licodo said...

sevi,

zzi look gotestf to exchanging exmail MSG with you. What's the name of your blog?

Ciao, 2italy2

Ben Licodo said...

Sevi,

My previous comment should of read as the following: "I look forward to exchanging email MSGs with you. What's the name of your blog?".

Ciao, 2italy2