Here are some links about, for or on women traveling solo to Italy or beyond:
BLOGS / BLOG ENTRIES
- Fears and Solutions of Solitary Women Travelers – September 3, 2014 at 5:00 am – – Source: pacsafe® blog – "smart travel gear"
- Ten important lessons you’ll learn by traveling alone – "ADVENTURE, EXPLORATION, HOLIDAY, IS IT SAFE TO TRAVEL ALONE, ISTANBUL, TORONTO, TRAVEL, TRAVEL ALONE, VACATION, WOMEN, WOMEN TRAVELING ALONE" – on July 30, 2012 at 12:01 am – blogger: Caitlin Kelly – Source: Broadside – "WELCOME!"
- Solo female travel - Nine myths and one truth – Srp 18 2014 – posted by Guest blogger - Stephanie Yoder – "Abou t Us" – Source: Found in Travel Blog on Hostelworld – "is the world’s number one hostel booking website." – "CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE"
- How to Combat Catcalls when you're a Woman Travelling Alone –Aug 12 2014 – posted by Rachel Sales
- 10 things a female traveller should never be without – Aug 14 2014 – posted by Guest blogger - Francesca Harper
- WHY I’M NOT AFRAID TO TRAVEL ALONE – "In the past couple of weeks, I’ve received a handful of emails from women asking me all sorts of questions about traveling solo. I’ve also been interviewed for a couple articles about the “dangers” of traveling alone as a woman. I’m not sure why there’s a sudden uptick in interest (or fear) surrounding solo female travel, but I figured that now would be as good a time as any to address the topic again on my blog. (Plus, International Women’s Day is coming up on March 8!)" – MARCH 5, 2015 – blogger: Amanda Williams – Source: A Dangerous Business – "BLOG | DESTINATIONS | TRAVEL THOUGHTS | PACKING LISTS | REVIEWS | TRAVEL RESOURCES"
- Women Traveling Alone Part I – 10 tips – Published June 10, 2010 – blogger: Janice Waugh – Source: SOLO TRAVELER – "solo travel tips, safety advices, stories and destinations"
- Solo Travel – Be smart and you will be safe – Published September 19, 2009
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- 30 Black Woman Traveling alone to Italy Should I be worried? – Started by: Kelley1981 – on: 05 June 2012, 3:49 – Source: Found in the Solo Travel Forum with in the Travel Forum section on tripadvisor®.co.uk – "Plan the perfect trip"
- is it safe for a female traveling alone in Italy – Started by: petfriendly_8 – on: Jan 13, 2013, 5:35 PM – Source: Found in the Rome Travel Forum within the Italy, Europe Vacations - Italy Tourism section on tripadvisor® – "Plan the perfect trip"
- Flying Solo: Everything You Need to Know About Traveling Alone – "There’s nothing quite like the freedom of exploring a new place on your own terms. Learn how to make the most of your next solo travel adventure with these tips from the experts." – "Whether you're thinking of setting off on your very first solo travel adventure or are gearing up for your fifteenth, we've got some tips from the experts—four entrepreneurs who have made a living traveling around the world and writing about their experiences. Here, in our first-ever Solo Travel Panel, we'll discuss everything from how to meet other like-minded travelers to important safety tips and essential things to keep in mind when exploring a new destination on your own." – Friday, Aug 9, 2013, 6:00 PM – By Kaeli Conforti – Source: Budget Travel – "Travel Deals, Travel Tips, Travel Advice, Vacation Ideas"
- Thoughts about traveling solo (as a young woman) in Italy? – on Mar 17, 11 at 2:41am – Posted by: exwray – Source: Found in the Europe Forums section on Fodor's – "Travel Guides"
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- 3 Safety Do’s and 3 Don’ts for Women Travelers – ". . . Follow these female traveler do’s and don’ts, and your experience should be filled with only happy memories." – Source: Wanderlust and Lipstick – "Your Destination for Women's Travel" – "About Us"
- 10 Safety Mistakes Women Shouldn’t Make When Traveling Alone – "Solo travel can be exhilarating, freeing, and helpful in learning new things about yourself. But solo travelers, especially females, can also be more vulnerable while alone on the road. We spoke to some solo women travel experts who shared their top mistakes to avoid when traveling alone." – Aug 27, 2012 – Caroline Morse – "About Us" – Source: SMARTERTRAVEL – "The Best Trips Start Here"
- 10 Most Important Safety Tips for Travelers – "Travel can be exhilarating but also scary at times. When you’re venturing into the great unknown, follow these 10 safety tips to protect yourself and ensure a happy and secure journey." – Feb 6, 2015 – Caroline Morse
- 10 Safety Tips for Fearless Solo Female Travelers – "Just back from a recent trip to Latin America, our own Patricia Magana shares these valuable safety tips aimed specifically at the solo female traveler. Guys, pass them along to all the fearless women in your lives, too!" – May 20, 2013 – Patricia Magaña
- Girl Code: Safety Tips For Traveling In Italy – ". . .American woman will receive extra attention when walking the streets of Italy. The attention can be nice, unfortunately it is not typically genuine and can come with an ulterior motive. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of wonderful gentlemen in Italy and around the world, but these tips will help you to deal with the extra attention, stay safe, and avoid all those ulterior motives so you can save time for the real thing!" – 04 November 2013 – by Tonya Tooley – "About Us" – Source: GoAbroad – ""
- Safety for Women Travelers – Published: Saturday, April 21, 2012 – By Alexandra Smythe and Cate Clarke – Source: The School of Flaunt – ""
- Safety of women travellers in spotlight – "Incidents ‘abroad’ raise concerns for the safety of solo female travellers" – on Apr 18, 2013 – Posted by Helen Batte – Source: Women's Views on News – "Women's news, opinions and current affairs" – "About"
- Safety Tips for Women Traveling Alone – Source: Found in Safety Tips section of Corporate Travel SAFETY™ – "Worry Free Travel Gear... for Your Peace of Mind™"
- Travel Safety Tips For Women Travelers – "CHOOSING A HOTEL" – "" – Posted by: aaren34 – Source: Travel Magma
- The Women Travel Guide – "Solo Woman Travel and Women's Tours" – "" – Source: Found in the Women Travel subsection of the Travel Abroad section on Transitions Abroad – "WORK • STUDY • TRAVEL • LIVING"
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- TIPS: ITALY
- 3 Misconceptions Of Solo Women Travelling To Italy – on Feb 25, 13 – by Marianna – Source: Found in the 'Travel Tips’ Category on Select Italy – "Italy Travel and Vacation Packages - Buy tickets Online for Museums, Trains, The Vatican, Uffizi and More." – "About Select Italy"
- 10 Things I Learned About Traveling to Italy With My Dog – June 9, 2012 12:00 pm – Susan Rigby with Seymour – Source: Found in the ARCHIVE FOR CATEGORY: "WOMEN’S TRAVEL" on PeterGreenberg.com – "Travel news you can use from The Travel Detective®"
- 21 Tips for North American Women Visiting Italy – "Having never been to Italy before, I wasn’t sure what to expect aside from the things my parents, who are from Sicily had told me. I had never left Canada before, was 2 weeks away from turning 26 and going to Florence on my own to work as an au pair. The things I learned and will pass on to other woman in my position were never mentioned in the guidebooks I read ; hopefully they’ll be helpful to you." – Thursday, April 16th, 2009 – By Laura Valoroso – Source: Found in the Venere Travel Blog – "It's our business where you sleep!" on venere.com – "Book hotels, B&Bs, apartments & resorts worldwide!"
- Safety Tips for Women Travelers – "In view of the recent rape in India and concerns for women traveling worldwide, it’s even more important to be prepared and take precautions." – Marybeth Bond – Source: The Gutsy TRAVELER – ""
- Solo travel is easy and rewarding – "Have you ever wanted to see a Broadway play in New York City, take a road trip to see the fall foliage, or splurge on a vacation to Paris, but couldn’t find anyone to go with you? Solo travel is the answer!"
- Tips for travelling solo in Italy – "Follow our tips to feel safe in Italy" – Dec 17, 2015 – by – "About us"– Source: ITALIAN STORYTELLERS – "LIVING LIKE A LOCAL"
- Tips for Women Travelers in Italy – "Find everything women travelers in Italy need to know about health, safety, romance, and women’s rights." – "All the information below is provided by Pink Pangea community members based on their experiences abroad. Add your voice!" – "About" – Source: Pink Pangea– "the community for women who love to travel"
- Tips for women traveling in Italy – "Ciao, Bella Americana Girl!" – "Issues for women traveling in Italy—what to expect on an Italian vacation, from Romeo wannabes to the creepy guy on the bus with the pinchy fingers" – Source: Found in the Health & safety in Italy – "Dealing frankly with the health, safety, and crime concerns of an Italian vacation: pickpockets, health insurance, terrorism, scams, gypsies, travel warnings, hospitals, and other safety issues" section on reidsitaly.com – "travel beyond vacations™"
- Travel in Italy for Single Women – "Safety Tips for Women Traveling Alone in Italy" – By Paulla Estes – Source: lifeinitaly.com – "Italy | Italy daily News, Weather, All you need to know about Italy"
- TIPS: RELATED
- Extra Tips for Solo Women Travelers – "Thanks to my female staffers and their friends for assembling their top tips for women" – By Rick Steves – Source: Found in the Plan Your Trip section of Rick Steves' Europe – "Through the Back Door"
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- Tours of Italy When Traveling Alone – Annabella Gualdoni, Demand Media – Source: Found in Travel Tips subsection of the TRAVEL section of the USATODAY – "Latest World News and US News"
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- 3 Misconceptions Of Solo Women Travelling To Italy – "Tips for Travelers" – February 25, 2013 – – "About" – Source: Found in the Espresso – "Your Daily Dose of Italy" – blog section on Select Italy – "Award-winning Italy and Croatia travel expert since 1997. From customized itineraries, yachts and Ferrari tours to museum and opera tickets, guided tours and more!"
- Solo travel in Italy for women: advice and experience – "Solo travel can seem a daunting prospect for a woman. If you don't have any experience of travelling alone, you'll have lots to consider, from loneliness to the difficulties of a foreign language or coping with your luggage. Even if you're used to solo holidays, it's useful to do some background research on practicalities and safety considerations. It will be worth the effort; you will find that exploring Italy on your own can be a very rewarding experience." – Source: Italy Heaven – "Italy Travel, Holiday and Tourism Guide"
- travel advice and experiences for women travelling in Italy – "Women’s eyes discovering the world with a special approach and specific needs." – Source: eliotropica – "experiences, networking, promotion" – In English, Italian
- Travelling solo in Italy – Published on:Tue, 2010-01-19 17:38 – Words by Lucia Cockcroft – Source: italy magazine – "Since 1999 the n.1 magazine for lovers of all things Italian"
- Why Every Woman Should Travel Alone – Feb. 13, 2015 – – Source: TIME – "Current & Breaking News"
- Why I Like Being a Woman in Italy – January 18th, 2010 – by Jessica (Spiegel) – Source: Italy section of whyGo, Part of the BootsnAll Travel Network – "ONE-STOP INDIE TRAVEL GUIDE EST. 1998"
- Visit Italy Like a Pro the First Time Around – "Getting your big trip to Italy right the first time" – April 20, 2011 – By – "About" – Source: Travel Belles – "Travel for women who know getting out of town is a beautiful thing!"
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- 6 Most Common Solo Travel Questions—Answered! – "The freedom to go precisely where you want, when you want, and how you want—behold, the power of one!" – April 2011 issue – By Brad Tuttle – April 2011 issue – Source: Budget Travel – "Travel Deals, Travel Tips, Travel Advice, Vacation Ideas"
- 10 Reasons to Travel Alone – on July 8, 2015 at 12:00:00 PM EDT – Posted by Michael Alan Connelly – Source: Found in the News & Features section on Fodor's – "Travel Guides"
- 15 Unspoken Rules Of Flying Every Traveler Should Know – "" – November 24, 2015 – Chelsea Fagan – "ABOUT US" – Source: THOUGHT CATALOG – "is a website dedicated to your stories and ideas."
- 100+ Things to Know If You’re Going to Italy – "My friends often ask me for support in travel preparation when they plan to go to Italy. In fact, I think it’s a great idea- go to a country prepared to experience it at the fullest! I enjoy learning about the little idiosyncrasies that make a visit to a new country so interesting, the small traditions, the interesting customs… so, I thought I’d give you a cheat-sheet for Italy." – Vanessa DellaPasqua – Source: Italy In SF – "The Directory to Everything Italian in the San Francisco Bay Area"
- Do yourself a favor: travel solo at least once – "Solo exploration – whether down the street or around the world – is one of the best ways to learn and challenge oneself" – Thursday 1 August 2013 16.32 BST – Jill Filipovic – Source: guardian.com AKA theguardian – "Latest news, sport and comment from the Guardian"
- Five myths about women traveling solo – "Any woman embarking on a solo trip will get plenty of advice, much of it unsolicited, about the perceived merits and the dangers of solo travel. For every woman who wants to emulate the heroine of Wild, there are others who can think only of the difficulties of going it alone. So we asked the experts to weigh in on these five classic myths about solo travel." – 9:43 a.m. EDT July 20, 2015 – Everett Potter, Special for USA TODAY – "About Us" – Source: Found in the Travel section of USA TODAY.COM – "Latest World and US News"
- For Women Who (Want to) Travel Alone – on March 12, 2013 – Posted by Jill Schneider – Source: Found in Travel Shots within the intelligent travel section on NationalGeographic.com – "Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888"
- Girls taking on the world—alone! – on May 23, 2011 at 6:00 am – By Isabel B – Source: The Lost Girls – "Travel • Inspiration • Discovery • Adventure" – "About Us"
- The One Lie You Should Always Tell While Traveling – "Traveling solo? Don’t tell everyone that. There’s no harm in inventing a little white lie about your partner who’s back at the hotel room or the friend you’re meeting later. Admitting you’re by yourself on the road can leave you vulnerable to scams, or worse." – May 14, 2016 – Caroline Morse – "About Us" – Source: SMARTERTRAVEL – "The Best Trips Start Here"
- 10 Innocent Gestures You Shouldn’t Use Overseas – "Certain gestures that are innocent in the United States mean something completely different (and offensive) overseas. Avoid these 10 hand signals when traveling abroad!" – Mar 19, 2014 – Caroline Morse
- What You Learn By Traveling Alone – "Traveling solo can be exhilarating, lonely, enlightening, an adventure, and tough all at the same time. Nonetheless, we firmly believe it’s something everyone should try, simply because it will teach you so much about yourself. Such as:" – Nov 14, 2015 – Caroline Morse
- The Realities Women Face When Traveling Alone, And How To Stay Safe – "" – 2/07/2013 @ 1:07PM – Elisa Doucette, Contributor – "I write about shattering your pre-conceived notions and limitations" – Source: Forbes.com – "Information for the World's Business Leaders"
- Road Tested Advice for Women Traveling Alone - It Ain't No Eat, Pray, Love – Posted: 06/10/2013 12:06 pm – Jennifer Delaney – Source: Found in THE BLOG – "Featuring fresh takes and real-time analysis from HuffPost's signature lineup of contributors" on The Huffington Post Edition: U.S. – ""
- Single Travel: Tips for Going Solo – "About Us" – Source: Found in the Travel Tips section on the IndependentTraveler.com® – "Travel Tips, Trip Planning and Discount Travel"
- Solo Travel: What to Know Before Traveling By Yourself – January 13, 2015 – Written by Lilit Marcus – Source: Conde Nast Traveler (US Site) – "Travel Reviews, News, Guides & Tips" – "At Home in the World"
- Women shouldn't be afraid to travel alone. – 7:00AM GMT 21 Feb 2013 – By Claire Cohen – Source: Found in the WOMEN section of the The Telegraph AKA telegraph.co.uk – "Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph,Sunday Telegraph"
- The Solo Female Traveler’s Manifesto – September 24, 2013 – By – Source: Young Adventuress
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- Safety tips for traveling solo – "Taking a trip alone?" – August 3, 2015 – TC Newman (@PurpleTCNewman) has safety trips for the solo traveler. Buzz60 – "About Us" – Source: Found in the Travel section of USA TODAY.COM – "Latest World and US News"
- Source: YouTubeIT – "Language: English • Country: Italy"
- 5 TIPS for SOLO TRAVELING –"Here are my 5 top tips for traveling by yourself, especially for backpackers staying at hostels." – Published on Mar 21, 2014 – by: Mari Johnson
- Female Safety Travel Tips – "Heading for a Hen night in London? Girls weekend in Las Vegas? Backpacking by yourself through Europe or Asia? Here is Advice for women traveling abroad, whether alone or with a group it is important to be aware of you surroundings and to take precautions so as not to make yourself a victim while on vacation, backpacking or traveling. Some of the tips include, knowing local cultures, not wearing too much jewelry, be aware of your surroundings, pack light, buy local clothes to fit in, walk with a local shopping bag, use common sense and much more." – Published on Nov 3, 2013 – by: Wolters World
- MY FIRST TIME... TRAVELLING ALONE!! – "HEAR ABOUT MY FIRST TIME SOLO TRAVELLING THROUGH GREECE. THE MISTAKES I MADE AND WHETHER I HAD ANY REGRETS!" – Published on Jul 2, 2015 – by: PsychoTraveller
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- SEE ALSO:
- TRAVEL: ADVICE, INSURANCE AND TIPS
- Info about, for and on the do's and don'ts of Italy *, dated, Wednesday, May 21, 2014
- Info about, for or on travel advice for Italy *, dated, Sunday, July 21, 2013
- Info on travel insurance for Italy and beyond *, dated, Friday, October 26, 2007
- Info on Travel Tips to Italy *, dated, Friday, April 21, 2006
- TRAVEL: AIRPORTS
- Info about, for or on airports for Rome / Roma, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, March 30, 2011
- Info about airports in Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated, Tuesday, March 10, 2009
- Info on Airports in Italy, Airport Guides and How to Get To and From the Airport *, dated, Thursday, November 24, 2005
- TRAVEL: "APPS" AKA "APPLICATIONS"
- Info about smartphones and tablets "apps" AKA "applications" when traveling to Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, December 22, 2013
- Info about, for or on travel "apps" AKA "applications for Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, August 25, 2013
- Info about, for or on "apps" AKA "applications" for Roma/Rome, Italy *, dated, Thursday, June 14, 2012
- TRAVEL: BLOG ENTRIES
- Info about, for or on blog entries on traveler Information for Italy and beyond *, dated, Wednesday, February 19, 2014
- TRAVEL: CRIME
- Info about crime in Italy *, dated, Sunday, July 07, 2013
- Info about preventing identity thief while traveling to Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, May 05, 2013
- Info on pickpocketing in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, May 19, 2010
- Info on Scams and Ripoffs in Italy *, dated, Friday, May 26, 2006
- Info on Personal Safety in Italy *, dated, Thursday, December 01, 2005
- TRAVEL: DRIVING
- Info about road trips in Italy and beyond *, dated, Wednesday, March 19, 2014
- Info about ZTL (Zona Traffico Limitato) violations, traffic cameras and other traffic tickets in Italy *, dated,
- Info about scenic drives in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, August 25, 2010
- Info about the Autostrade per l'Italia *, dated, Friday, February 15, 2008
- Info about Telepass.it (electronic toll collection system) in Italy *, dated, Friday, March 09, 2007
- Info on Distance Calculators (How Far Is It?) for Italy *, dated, Tuesday, November 21, 2006
- Info about Driving in Italy *, dated, Friday, March 17, 2006
- TRAVEL: EATING / FOOD
- Info about, in or on food in Roma / Rome *, dated, Wednesday, April 30, 2014
- Info about Italian food rules and customs in Italy *, dated, Sunday, April 28, 2013
- Info on dietary/food allergy translation cards for Italy *, dated Friday, August 10, 2007
- Info on being gluten-free in Italy *, dated, Tuesday, May 29, 2007
- Info on Vegetarian Eating in Italy *, dated, Friday, November 03, 2006
- Info about Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions in Italy *, dated Wednesday, May 31, 2006
- TRAVEL: ELECTRONICS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TABLETS, LAPTOPS AND ELECTRICAL PLUG ADAPTERS, ETC.
- Info on traveling with your tablet and/or other electrical devices to Italy and abroad *, dated, Wednesday, March 05, 2014
- Info on traveling with your laptop to Italy and abroad *, dated,Friday, July 20, 2007
- Info about electrical plug adapters, power strips and voltage converters for Italy *, dated, Tuesday, April 10, 2007
- TRAVEL: HEALTH
- Info about traveling with prescription medication to Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday. September 15, 2013
- Info about health or medical information for travelers to Italy *, dated, Wednesday, June 08, 2011
- Info about traveling with allergies to Italy *, dated Friday, January 26, 2007
- Info on Travelers' Health in Italy and Europe *, dated, Friday, December 02, 2005
- TRAVEL: MAPS
- Info on maps for Abruzzo, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, September 01, 2010
- Info for maps of Roma / Rome, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, June 23, 2010
- Info on maps for Tuscany / Toscana, Italy *, dated Friday, September 05, 2008
- Info on On-Line Route Planning and Maps of Italy *, dated, Thursday, November 17, 2005
- TRAVEL: MONEY
- Info on the usage of ATM, debit and credit cards in Italy and Europe *, dated Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- Info about ATMs (Automated Teller Machines) in Italy *, dated Tuesday, April 25, 2006
- TRAVEL: SECURITY / DANGERS / MISTAKES
- Info about, for or on travel dangers, risks or warnings for Italy *, dated, Sunday, April 10, 2016
- Info about, for or on travel security to Italy and beyond *, dated, Friday, April 11, 2014
- Info about tourist / travel mistakes when visiting Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, November 03, 2013
- Info about travel security products and accessories to use when you are visiting Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, October 20, 2013
- Info about hotel security and safety in Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, September 22, 2013
- TRAVEL: TRANSPORTATION (SEE ABOVE: TRAVEL: AIRPORTS)
- Info about transportation options in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- Info About Transportation in Tuscany / Toscana, Italy *, dated, Tuesday, April 21, 2009
- Info on Bus Transportation in Italy *, dated, Friday, September 15, 2006
- Info about Trains and Train Stations in Italy *, dated, Tuesday, May 16, 2006
- Info on Private and Public Transportation and Other Transportation Modes in Italy *, dated, Saturday, December 03, 2005
- TRAVEL: TYPE OF TRAVELER
- Info about, for or on women traveling solo to Italy or beyond *, dated, Sunday, October 06, 2013
- Info about, for, or on senior travel AKA mature travelers to Italy *, dated, Sunday, September 01, 2013
- Info for Handicapped and Disabled Travelers going to Italy *, dated Friday, May 18, 2007
- Info for Disabled/Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and/or Vision/Sight Individuals in Italy *, dated, Friday, March 3, 2006
- TRAVEL: WEATHER
- Info about the weather (meteo) in Tuscany/Toscana, Italy , dated, Wednesday, September 30, 2009
- Info about the Weather in Italy *, dated, Friday, April 28, 2006
- TRAVEL: WEB CAMS
- Info on webcams in Abruzzo, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, August 04, 2010
- Info on webcams in Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, September 09, 2009
- Info on Webcams in Italy *, dated, Friday, January 12, 2007
- TRAVEL: WHAT TO PACK
- Info on what to wear / how to dress / what to pack when traveling to Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, June 02, 2013
- Info on Travel Accessories and Gear for Italy *, dated, Tuesday, November 06, 2007
- Info about keeping your home safe while traveling to Italy and beyond *, dated, Monday, December 02, 2013
- Info about keeping cool in Italy when it gets HOT *, dated, Sunday, June 30, 2013
- Info on Travel Web Sites: Italy, Europe and wherever *, dated Friday, September 12, 2008
This posting is dedicated to my daughter, Annalisa, who has traveled the world by herself, with friends and family. Her initial solo journeys started in the 80's: In and around Washington, DC, riding the Metro (subway) and walking the streets of the DC metropolitan area, then living with me in Germany, taking the S-Bahn (street cars), U-Bahn (subways) and local trains to High School in Wiesbaden, Germany and walking around the various streets of Germany and elsewhere in Europe. Her first solo journey started with my dropping my daughter off at the ferry terminal in Calais, France. From there, she traveled to England, back to France, Italy and Greece before heading back to the USA in 1990. Since then, she has traveled to Argentina, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, India, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Philippines and China. She now resides in Oaxaca, Mexico. My daughter supports herself by: teaching English (she has a TESL certificate and a BS from Portland State University), contract writing and editing assignments, cooking and other revenue generating activities via the internet. In 2012, she completed her first round-the-world adventure -- going east to west.
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 450+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Sunday, 6 October 2013: domenica, 6 ottobre 2013
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb / saying, author unknown.
"Nella vita - chi non risica - non rosica."
"In life: who risks nothing - gains nothing."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs: Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.