Here are some links about Italy and Europe in the off-season:
LOW SEASON/OFF SEASON IN ITALY AND EUROPE
- Italy in the off-season – "What's not to love about the Riviera in winter? Balmy weather, no crowds, beautiful scenery and the prices -- que bella!" – By Barbara A. Noe, Special to The Times, February 18, 2007 – Source: Travel section of the latimes.co (Los Angeles Times)
- Off Season Travel In Europe - Tips and Tools for Off-Season Vacations – "Travel Cheap - Enjoy Europe's Culture - Go in the Off-Season" – From James Martin – Source: Europe for Visitors section of About.com
- 'Tis the Seasons for the Tourists – Source: ReidsGuides.com – "The only travel planning site you'll ever need"
- Winter Travel To Europe – "Why not travel in winter? Hotels and airfares are cheap, sweaty summer crowds are a dim memory, and there's plenty going on..." – From James Martin – Source: Europe for Visitors section of About.com
- How Low Can You Go? – "Low Season Discounts to Dozens of Destinations" – By Charis Atlas Heelan, January 26, 2007" – Source: Frommer's
- Fifty Money-Saving Tips for Planning an Affordable Trip to Italy from $90 a Day – By Reid Bramblett, February 1, 2005 – Source: Frommer's
- Renting month to month in sunny, southern Europe – by Steenie Harvey – Source: EscapeArtist.com
- Perillo Legend Endures With Off-Season Value and Web Innovation – Source: HyperTech Solutions
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on Italian Food Festivals in Italy , dated Friday, March 23, 2007
- Info on Regional Tourist Offices and Web Sites in Italy , dated Tuesday, March 06, 2007
- Info on 2007 Events and Festivals (festa or sagra) in Italy *, dated Friday, January 05, 2007
- Info on 2007 National Holiday Observances in Italy *, dated Tuesday, January 02, 2007
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
I know its strange to be writing about the low/off season as we enter the shoulder and high season in Italy. However, by planning ahead, you'll not only avoid the crowds but save some money, see some sights and go to several sagra or festa.
That's it for Tuesday, 24 April 2007: martedì, 24 aprile 2007.
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"A caval donato non si guarda in bocca."
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 29 April 2007)