Here are some links about health or medical information for travelers to Italy:
HEALTH OR MEDICAL INFORMATION
- FOR CITIZENS FROM AUSTRALIA
- Travelling well – Source: Smartraveller.gov.au – "The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular information service."
- FOR CITIZENS FROM CANADA
- Travel Report for Italy – Source: Found under the "Travel Reports and Warnings (Advisories)" section of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada – In English, French
- Report (Table of contents) includes the following topics:
- FOR CITIZENS FROM IRELAND
- Travel Advice Italy – Source: Found in Travel Advice under the Services to the Public section of the Department of Foreign Affairs – In English, Gaelic (Gaeilge)
- In this document, you will find the following topics:
- TRAVEL INSURANCE
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
- PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION
- NATURAL DISASTERS
- SAFETY & SECURITY
- EMERGENCY NUMBERS
- LOCAL LAWS & CUSTOMS
- LOCAL TRAVEL
- ROAD USE
- COMMUNICATIONS / MOBILE PHONES
- TOURIST INFORMATION SOURCES
- DIPLOMATIC AND CONSULAR MISSIONS IN ITALY
- FOR CITIZENS FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM AKA GREAT BRITAIN
- Travel advice Italy – Source: Found in the Travel advice by country subsection under the Travel & living abroad section of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- FOR CITIZENS AND TRAVELERS FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
- Health Information for Travelers to Italy, including Holy See and Vatican City – Source: Travelers' Health section of CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) – "CDC 24/7: Saving lives, protecting people, reducing health costs"
- Italy Health – "The following report outlines the key health issues and concerns that travelers to Italy should be aware of before vacation or general business travel, based on the reporting from the CDC Yellowbook." – Source: Found in the NCBuy Travel Center section of NCBuy (NetCent Communications)
- Travel health – "Basic health concerns in Italy, from drinking the water to visiting hospitals, carrying prescription meds and dealing with diarrhea, what to do about health insurance and what over-the-counter drugs to pack in your first aid kit" – Source: reidsitaly.com – "travel beyond vacations ™"
- Immunization Information for Travel to Italy – "" – Victoria Ross, Demand Media – Source: Found in the Travel Tips subsection of the TRAVEL section of the USATODAY – "Latest World News and US News"
- Italy: Vaccine recommendations – Source: Found in the Travel health section of netdoctor – "The UK's leading independent health website" – "The materials in this web site are in no way intended to replace the professional medical care, advice, diagnosis or treatment of a doctor. The web site does not have answers to all problems. Answers to specific problems may not apply to everyone. If you notice medical symptoms or feel ill, you should consult your doctor - for further information see our Terms and conditions."
- Travel Health Advice ITALY – Source: IAMAT (International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers) – "About"
- Medical Information for Americans Abroad – Source: Travel.State.gov – "A Service of the Bureau of Consular Affairs" within the U.S. Department of State – "Diplomacy in Action"
- Travelling safe in Italy – Source: STA Travel – "The world's largest student, youth and budget travel organisation."
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about medical and dental phrases and terminology used in Italy *, dated, February 10. 2010
- Info on some of my blog entries (URLs) for Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated, Wednesday, July 22, 2009
- Info on dietary/food allergy translation cards for Italy *, dated Friday, August 10, 2007
- Info on being gluten-free in Italy , dated Tuesday, May 29, 2007
- Info for Handicapped and Disabled Travelers going to Italy *, dated Friday, May 18, 2007
- Info about traveling with allergies to Italy *, dated Friday, January 26, 2007
- Info about Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions in Italy *, dated Wednesday, May 31, 2006
- Info about what really happens when you get sick traveling in a foreign country: France and Italy *, dated, Wednesday, April 05, 2006
- Info for Disabled/Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and/or Vision/Sight Individuals in Italy *, dated Friday, March 3, 2006
- Info on Travelers' Health in Italy and Europe *, dated Thursday, December 01, 2005
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 450+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Wednesday, 8 June 2011: mercoledì, 8 giugno 2011
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Buona salute e la vera ricchezza."
"Good health is true wealth."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.