Here are some links for ESL (English as a Second Language)/TEFL/TESL resources for use in Italy and beyond:
- TEACHING RESOURCES
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Resources, Handouts and Exercises – Source: The OWL at Purdue
- English online – Materials for Teaching & Learning – Source: E. L. Easton
- ESL KidStuff! – "ESL & EFL children's resources for English teachers and parents."
- ESL Lesson Plans and Resources – Source: Marty Levine, Professor Emeritus in the Department of Secondary Education at California State University, Northridge
- Interesting Things for ESL Students – "A fun study site for learners of English as a Second Language" – "Word games, puzzles, quizzes, exercises, slang, proverbs and much more." – Source: www.ManyThings.org
- The Internet TESL Journal – For Teachers of English as a Second Language – Articles, Research Papers, Lessons Plans, Classroom Handouts, Teaching Ideas & Links
- Learnenglish – Source: British Council
- Learning English – Source: BBC Languages section of BBC (International Version)
- Learn English effectively – Source: antimoon.com
- LESSON PLANS – Source: ELB Brighton
- onestopenglish – "is a teacher’s resource site organized and run by Macmillan Publishers. We are based in London, UK"
- Online Resources for TEFL Professionals – Source: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- ROGER'S TESOL PAGE – "Welcome to Roger's TESOL Page, dedicated to English language teachers world wide who want a handy home base when they use the Internet as a teaching resource." – Source: Roger M. Thompson, professor of English and Linguistics at the University of Florida
- Sites for English teachers and TEFL Resources – Source: ih Barcelona – "ELT Teacher Training Courses"
- TEACHER RESOURCES – Registration required to access some resources – Source: edufind® – "jobs and resources for TESOL professionals"
- teaching english – "Tips, resources, materials, downloads and more.."
- TEFL Resources – Source: TEFLLogue – "One Stop Travel Guide ro TEFL"
- TEFL Teaching Resources – Source: Cactus TEFL
- TOP ESL SITES – Source: English-4U
- The Internet Picture Dictionary: English – In English, French, German, Italian, Spanish – The Internet Picture Dictionary is a completely free, online multilingual picture dictionary designed especially for ESL students and beginning English, French, German, Spanish and Italian language learners of all ages.
- Little Explorers English Picture Dictionary – Take you to their "free" site. However, there is a for pay subscription access that is "a banner-ad-free version of the site, with print-friendly pages." – Source: EnchantedLearning.com
- MP3, PODCASTS AND VIDEO – SOUND CLIPS
- Downloads for English Teaching & Learning – "Lots of free samples" – Source: Download-ESL.com – "ESL,EFL,TEFL Podcasts, Audio books, Worksheet E-books, Powerpoint, & More Downloads" – In Chinese, English, French, Spanish
- The English Teacher John Snow – "Live a little, learn a little, tell your friends" – "We are your source for English lessons, proofreading, 'podcast' audio lessons (mp3 audio files) and more!" cSource: EnglishTeacherJohn.com
- Free ESL mp3 Podcasts and English learning video podcast directory – Source: Speakoz
- learn english – Source: italki.com – "is a language learning community. It's main goal is to help people learn languages." mentioned on Free Language – "Lessons, Podcasts, Audio, Video, Study Guides, Learning Materials"
- ESLPod.com – "Welcome to English as a Second Language Podcast" – "English for Everyone"
- English Teaching Exercises Software – Source: ProgramURL.com – "the best software resource"
- Italian Software – Source: Multilingual Books
- English as a Second Language – "Welcome to this English as a Second Language website, a starting point for ESL learners who want to study English through the Web. This site is being constantly updated, so your comments and suggestions are appreciated. With your help, it can continue to be a site that you and others enjoy visiting." – Rong-Chang Li
- Dave Sperling's ESL Café – "The Internet's Meeting place for ESL + EFL teachers + students from around the World!"
- ESL LINKS – Registration required – Source: ESLPundit – "the esl network"
- ESL Magazine – "The leading magazine for teachers of American English and ESL/EFL professionals worldwide"
- MAGAZINES PLUS! – "RESOURCES" – Source: Mary Glasgow Magazines – "Teenage subjects for teenage language learners"
- Ready-to-print TEFL handouts for overworked teachers! – Note: You'll need to pay $22.00 to join and to access handouts – Source: Handouts Online
- Support for teachers of English – Source: British Council Italy
- How to Teach English Overseas – Source: web site
- Using PowerPoint Presentations in ESL Classrooms – Source: ESL-galaxy.com – "ESL Resource Planet"
- TEFL – "Teaching English as a Foreign Language. This term is predominantly used when English is being taught in a country where it isn't the native language (for example teaching English to Spanish people in Spain)" – Source: International TEFL Teacher Training
- TESL – "Teaching English as a Second Language. This is where English is being taught to non-native speakers of English in a country where it is the native language (for example teaching emigrants to the UK/USA)." – Source: International TEFL Teacher Training
- TESOL – "Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This term theoretically encompasses both of the above." – Source: International TEFL Teacher Training
- ELT – "English Language Teaching. This term is mainly used by institutions in the U.K." – Source: International TEFL Teacher Training
- ESL – English as a Second Language
- Becoming a Better EFL Teacher – "For foreign language learning, for teaching English as a Foreign Language, to develop skill as an Article Writer or give polished Speaking Presentations - You're in the right place!" – Source: blog web site
- BLOGS – Source: ESLPundit – "the esl network"
- Learning English Blog – Source: Learning English section of BBC (International Version)
- Teach English in Italy – "This blog is open to any and all opinions but I request that you be 1) honest (info that's accurate, balanced and complete), and 2) civilized (polite and constructive). Those two qualities are what make a blog a desirable community for mature people." – Source: Frank Adamo
- THE FCE BLOG – by Claudia Ceraso – "An afterclass meeting point for all First Certificate in English Students"
- TEFL BLOG – Source: eslbase
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on some of my Italian language blog entries (URLs) *, dated Wednesday, September 02, 2009
- Info on Teaching English in Italy +*, dated Tuesday, August 8, 2006
* = Blog entry has been updated.
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
Happy Birthday, Annalisa! I hope you had a wonderful day and wishing you the best of life and memories in the years to come.
That's it for Friday, 15 June 2007: venerdì, 15 giugno 2007.
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Sicilian proverb, author unknown.
"Quannu canta lu gaddu fora l'ura, a canciari lu tempu 'un addimura."
"When the rooster crows off the hour, don't hesitate to adjust the time."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photos:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
© Benjamin H. Licodo, 2005 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.