Here are some links about, for or on travel security to Italy and beyond:
- Security: A better, cheaper lock for your luggage – "Airport Check-in, Safety and Security" – May 09 [, 20]– by Sean O'Neill – Source: Found in the Budget Travel's Blog – "The latest travel news, vacation tips & advice, travel apps, and more" – on Budget Travel – "Travel Deals, Travel Tips, Travel Advice, Vacation Ideas"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- Travel Security – "Business Travel - Family Travel Safety" – by Chris E McGoey, CPP, CSP, CAM – Source: CRIME DOCTOR – "Your Prescription for Security & Safety"
- Apartment Security – "Advice for Owners, Managers & Residents"
- Bank ATM Security – "ATM Safety Advice"
- Travel Security – multiple articles listed in category – Source: Gadling – "travel blog | news, stories, deals, and tips."
- Travel Security Online – "The site contains advice and information on 390 cities and 226 countries, as well as details on the risks that can disrupt travel or threaten personal safety, such as crime, insurgency and terrorism. . ." – "Membership" is required – Source: Found in the Services section of InternationalSOS™ – "is the world’s leading medical and travel security services company." – "About us" – In multiple languages
- Travelling safe on vacation in Italy – "Some tips on how to achieve peace of mind when travelling in Italy" – Source: Avventure Bellissime – "Quality tours at affordable prices" – "About Us"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- TravelSECURE – "Welcome to the Australian Government's new travel security website, which provides information on the security measures in place at Australian airports. Its purpose is to help travellers prepare for their journey and clear the security checks at the airport quickly and easily." – Source: The Department of Infrastructure and Transport – "Contributing to the wellbeing of all Australians by assisting the Government to promote, evaluate, plan and invest in infrastructure and by fostering an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe and secure transport system."
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
- International Travel – "The State Department’s Office of American Citizens Services and Crisis Management (ACS) administers the Consular Information Program, which informs the public of conditions abroad that may affect their safety and security. Country Specific Information, Travel Alerts, and Travel Warnings are vital parts of this program." – Source: Found in the Travel.State.Gov – "A SERVICE OF THE BUREAU OF CONSULAR AFFAIRS" section – of the U.S. Department of State – "Diplomacy in Action"
- Traveler Information – "Approximately 1.8 million passengers pass through our nation's airports every day. TSA has prepared the TSA Traveler's Guide to help ensure passengers have the answers they need to common security screening questions. For travelers on-the-go, TSA has the "My TSA" mobile application for iOS (iPhone) devices, Android smartphones and mobile web users." – Source: Found in the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) section of the Department of Homeland Security
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- pacsafe® – "is a brand of high-quality smart travel gear with built-in innovative anti-theft technology. Our gear includes adventure backpacks, urban and leisure bags, women’s bags, photography bags, motorcycle bags and travel accessories such as straps, cables and locks." – Source: web site – "smart travel gear" – "about us"
- Security Bags & Wallets – "" – Source: Found in the Travel Accessories section of TravelSmith® – "CLOTHING, GEAR & ADVICE TO GO"
- Travel Accessories – "Luggage locks, easy to identify ID tags, discreet money belts and neck wallets – everything you need to travel with confidence." – Source: Eagle Creek – "inspired by travel.™" – "Providing smart, innovative and durable luggage, bags and accessories since 1975."
- Security Products – "Security Pouches, Money Belts, RFID Protection" – Source: PackingLight – "Travel is easy when You're Packing Light"
- Top Ten Safety and Security Travel Items – "Products To Help Keep You and Your Possessions Safe as You Travel" – By Charles Montaldo – Source: Found in the Crime / Punishment section of About.com
- Travelon® Anti-Theft Bags – "" – Source: Travelon® – "designs and manufactures innovative travel solutions to make your life easier." – "About Us"
- TRAVEL STORAGE & SECURITY PRODUCTS – "A full range of travel storage and security products is in stock both online and in store, hand-picked by our experienced buyers and manufactured by leading global brands." – Source: ellis brigham – "Outdoor Clothing, Camping Equipment & Ski Wear"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- 10 Most Important Safety Tips for Travelers – "Travel can be exhilarating but also scary at times. When you’re venturing into the great unknown, follow these 10 safety tips to protect yourself and ensure a happy and secure journey." – Feb 6, 2015 – Caroline Morse – "About Us" – Source: SMARTERTRAVEL – "The Best Trips Start Here"
- Italy Travel Tip - How to Safeguard Your Money – "Avoiding Pickpockets and Petty Theft" – By Martha Bakerjian – Source: Plan Your Italy Trip - Italy Travel Planning Guide section of the Italy Travel section of About.com
- Travel Safety in Italy: Tourist Scams – "Tourist scams are probably about as old as tourism, and it seems there are new ones popping up every day. Italy doesn’t have as many well-known scams as some other countries, but it definitely has some potential pitfalls of which tourists should be aware. Here are the main ones to know about – if you’ve heard of or experienced others, please let me know in the comments!" – January 23rd, 2012 – by Jessica (Spiegel) – Source: Italy section of WhyGo – Part of the BootsnAll Travel Network
- X – "" – Source: X – "
- SEE ALSO: DIETARY / FOOD
- Info on dietary/food allergy translation cards for Italy *, dated Friday, August 10, 2007
- Info on being gluten-free in Italy *, dated Tuesday, May 29, 2007
- Info on Vegetarian Eating in Italy *, dated, Friday, November 03, 2006
- Info about Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions in Italy *, dated Wednesday, May 31, 2006
- SEE ALSO: TRAVEL
- Info about, for or on travel dangers, risks or warnings for Italy *, dated, Sunday, April 10, 2016
- Info about, for or on travel security to Italy and beyond *, dated, Friday, April 11, 2014
- Info about tourist / travel mistakes when visiting Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, November 03, 2013
- Info about travel security products and accessories to use when you are visiting Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, October 20, 2013
- Info about, for or on women traveling solo to Italy or beyond *, dated, Sunday, October 06, 2013
- Info about hotel security and safety in Italy and beyond *, dated,Sunday, September 22, 2013
- Info about, for, or on senior travel AKA mature travelers to Italy *, dated, Sunday, September 01, 2013
- Info about, for or on travel advice for Italy *, dated, Sunday, July 21, 2013
- SEE ALSO: HANDICAPPED / DISABLED
- Info for Handicapped and Disabled Travelers going to Italy *, dated Friday, May 18, 2007
- Info for Disabled/Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and/or Vision/Sight Individuals in Italy *, dated Friday, March 3, 2006
- SEE ALSO: MEDICAL / HEALTH
- Info about health or medical information for travelers to Italy *, dated, Wednesday, June 08, 2011
- Info about medical and dental phrases and terminology used in Italy *, dated, February 10. 2010
- Info about traveling with allergies to Italy *, dated Friday, January 26, 2007
- Info about what really happens when you get sick traveling in a foreign country: France and Italy *, dated, Wednesday, April 05, 2006
- Info on Travelers' Health in Italy and Europe *, dated, Friday, December 02, 2005
- SEE ALSO: OTHER
- Info about, for or on things that may surprise or shock you about Italy *, dated, Sunday, March 27, 2016
- Info about, for or on culture shock in Italy *, dated, Tuesday, August 20, 2013
- SEE ALSO: RELATED
- Info about crime in Italy *, dated, Sunday, July 07, 2013
- Info about preventing identity thief while traveling to Italy and beyond *, dated, Sunday, May 05, 2013
- Info on pickpocketing in Italy *, dated, Wednesday, May 19, 2010
- Info on Scams and Ripoffs in Italy *, dated, Friday, May 26, 2006
- Info on Personal Safety in Italy *, dated, Thursday, December 01, 2005
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 635+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links / URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Friday, 11 April 2014: venerdi, 11 aprile 2014
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb / saying, author unknown.
"Uno sciocco e il suo denaro son presto separati."
"A fool and his money are soon parted."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs: Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.