Here are some links for Christmas Markets/Mercato di Natale/Mercatino di Natale (Buon Natale/Babbo Natale) in Tuscany/Toscana, Italy:
CHRISTMAS MARKETS/MERCATINI DI NATALE OF TUSCANY/TOSCANA BY PROVINCE
- AREZZO (AR)
- La Città di Natale (including Christmas market)
- Dates: 29 November - 6 January
- Location: Streets of Arezzo
- WITHIN THE PROVINCE OF AREZZO
- Presepi e mercatini di Natale nel Casentino (Mangers and Christmas markets) – Source: Vita2000 – "Tour Operator"
- Dates: 6 - 8 December
- Locations: Various towns in the Casentino valley in the Province of Arezzo
- Natale a Monte San Savino – In Italian Only – Source: home page of Comune di Monte San Savino web site
- Dates: 12 - 13 December
- On Saturday, free chesnuts and wine
- On Sunday, free polenta and wine
- Location: centro storico
- Hours: 16:30 - ?
- FIRENZE/FLORENCE (FI)
- Christmas Market – Source
- Date: 28 November 2009
- Location: British Institute, 15 Lungarno Guicciardini
- Hours: 15:00 - 18:00
- Mercato di Natale della Croce Rossa Italiana (Italian Red Cross) – Source: poster
- Dates: 11 - 13 December 2009
- Location: Saschall, Lungarno Aldo Moro 3
- Hours: 11 December, From 15:30 to 19:00
- Hours: 12 - 13 December, From 10:30 to 19:00
- Florence Noel – Mostra Mercato
- Dates: 5 - 13 December 2009
- Location: Stazione Leopolda, Firenze
- Hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday - From: 10:00 to 22:00
- Hours: Monday - Thursday - From: 15:00 to 22:00
- Dates: 3 December - 21 December 2009
- Location: Piazza Santa Croce
- Hours: From 10:00 to 22:00
- WITHIN THE PROVINCE OF FIRENZE
- Mercatino Natalizio
- Dates: 12 - 13 December
- Location: Piazza Farinata degli Uberti
- Hours: Not known at this time
- GREVE IN CHIANTI (FI)
- Dates: 13 - 14 December and 20 - 21 December
- Location: Piazza Matteotti
- Hours: From 10:00 to 18:00
- LUCCA (LU)
- Fiera di San Michele di Natale
- Dates: 8 - 26 December
- Location: Piazza San Michele and in Borgo Giannotti, Lucca
- WITHIN THE PROVINCE OF LUCCA
- VERCIANO (LU)
- PreGustando il Natale
- Dates: 12 - 14 December
- Location: Parco della Rimembranza e nella zona della chiesa di Santo Stefano
- Hours: Friday - From: 20:30 - ?
- Hours: Saturday - From: 14:00 - ?
- Hours: Sunday - From: 10:00 to 20:00
- PISA (PI)
- Il Mercatino di Natale di Pisa
- Dates: 1 - 24 December 2009
- Location: Under the arches at Logge dei Banchi
- Hours: 08:30 - 21:30
- Natale a tavola – Mercatino natalizio eno-gastronomico
- Dates: 15 - 20 December 2009
- Location: Piazza Gambacorti
- Hours: 10:00 - 21:00
- WITHIN THE PROVINCE OF PISA
- FAUGLIA (PI)
- Mercatino di Natale
- Dates: 5 - 8 December
- Location: Piazza della Chiesa, Fauglia (PI)
- Hours: 10:00 - 19:00
- PONTEDERA (PI)
- Mercati di Natale – Source: Comune di Pontedera – In Italian Only
- SAN MINIATO (PI)
- Edizione di Natale – Source: poster
- Date: 20 December
- Location: Piazza Dante gia Piazza del Mercato del Bestiame, San Miniato (PI)
- Hours: From 09:00 to 19:00
- LISTINGS FOR CERTALDO, EMPOLI, PONTEDERA, SAN VINCENZO
- SIENA (SI)
- Mercatini di Natale a Siena
- Dates: 28 November - 6 January
- Location: Piazza Matteotti, Piazza Gramsci, Viale XXV Aprile, Siena (SI)
- WITHIN THE PROVINCE OF SIENA
- MONTEPULCIANO (SI)
- MONTEPULCIANO (SI)
- Festa e Fiera di Natale
- Dates: 10 - 13 December 2009
- Location: Abbadia di Montepulciano
- TORRITA DI SIENA (SI)
- Mercatino di Natale (Christmas market)
- Dates: 19 - 20 December
- Location: Centro Storico
- Toscana – Source: Mercatini-Natale.com – In Italian Only
- Tutti i Presepi e Mercatini di Natale in Toscana – Please click on the various provinces of Tuscany to see the listing for a specific province – Source: Toscana e Tirreno – In English, Italian – Note: Not all events are listed in English
- Christmas Markets – Source: bolzano.net – In English, German, Italian
- Mercatini di Natale – Source: Amando.it – In Italian Only
- Mercatini di Natale – By
region– Source: Mercatini-Natale.com – In Italian Only
- Mercatini di Natale – in Europe – In Italian Only
- Mercatini di Natale in Città di Genova – In Italian Only – Source: Zenazone – In Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Mercatini di Natale in Italia – In Italian Only – Source: Primitaly – In English, Italian
- Mercatini di Natale in Italia 2008 – Source: Regioni Italiane – In Italian Only and provided by Expat in Italy poster, Bryan S
- Mercatini Natalizi [Toscana] – In Italian Only – Source: Firenze.net – In English, Italian
- Mercatini di Natale del Trentino – In Italian Only
- Sardegna: Mercatini di Natale – In Italian Only – Source: Sottocoperta – Portions of web site in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Christmas - Italian Style – Source: FlorenceForFun
- Christmas Markets in Florence – Written by Cheryl Tucker – Published on December 13, 2008 – Source: Florence section within category 'Italy' of EuropeUpClose – "THE INSIDER'S TRAVEL GUIDE"
- Christmas Markets in Florence – Written by Theresa Schroeder – Source: Firenze.net – In English, Italian
- Christmas Markets in Italy – "Join Italians as They Shop at Street Fairs for Gifts and Decorations" – © Barbara Rogers Nov.4, 2007 – Source: Suite101.com – "The genuine article. Literally."
- Christmas Markets in Italy – Source: zoomata :|: a close-up on italy – "is powered by journalist Nicole Martinelli."
- Christmas markets in Tuscany – Please scroll down to this section – Source: Casina di Rosa – In Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Italian Christmas Markets – Source: From Martha Bakerjian in the Italy Travel section of About.com
- Italy Christmas Markets – Source: christmasmarkets.com
- Markets and Events in Christmas – Source: In Italy Online!
- The three best…Italian Christmas markets – Words by Carla Passino, Published on the 23-10-2008 – Source: Italy Magazine – "The No. 1 Magazine for lovers of all things Italian"
- Italian Christmas markets! – Source: Tuscany Travel – In English, Italian
- Trento Christmas Market, Trento – Source: ChristmasMarkets.com
- Venice Christmas Market – Posted by Barbara Rogers, Dec. 5, 2007 – Source: Suite101.com – "The genuine article. Literally."
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on 2008 Christmas Markets (Mercato di Natale) in Italy *, dated Tuesday, November 18, 2008
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply by email to your comment or
Please be aware: I have attempted to list many but not all the Christmas markets in Italy. However, the above locations, dates and times were either found on their respective web sites, other web sites, billboards and/or on handouts. It was not possible to verify the accuracy of this information for every Christmas market before being listed in this blog entry.
This posting will be updated from now until January, 2010 as I find out about more Christmas markets and events. I would like to thank the following Agenzia per il Turismo (APT) offices for their assistance: Arezzo, Firenze, Pisa, Pistoia, Prato, Siena. Due to being under the weather, I was not able to post all the information that these respective APT offices provided. It will be accomplished in the next few days.
That's it for Wednesday, 18 November 2009: mercoledì, 18 novembre 2009.
Moving2Italy2 – The #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"La vita è come un albero di natale, c'è sempre qualcuno che rompe le palle."
Literal translation: "Life is like a christmas tree, there's always someone who breaks the balls."
Please read my wife blog about our life in Italy:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.