Martha and Ben will be traveling to Italy in May, 2006. Unlike previous trips to Italy, we will initially be traveling separately and then, later, meeting up at their favorite B&B in Meta, Orchid Corner and visiting with the owners and dear friends, Carmela and Antonio Romano.
This is the year where we will be exploring where we may live when we move to Italy. This is not a slow travel trip and we will be limiting our travels to Campania, Marche, Lazio and Toscona regions in Italy. Martha and I will be initially traveling to the Marche and Lazio regions to look at possible places to rent initially for a few months in 3 - 4 years.
Their itinerary will be the following:
- Martha departs on 7 May and goes to Firenze (read Florence)
- Martha meets up with the A Taste of Italy Trip - May, 2006 tour group and travels to Cortona via bus on 11 May
- Martha and the A Taste of Italy Trip - May, 2006 tour group departs Cortona and travels to Positano via train and bus on 16 May
- Martha travels to Napoli (read Naples) with A Taste of Italy Trip - May, 2006 tour group on 21 May via bus and spends the night in Napoli
- On 22 May, Martha travels from Napoli via the Circumvesuviana to the Orchid Corner B&B in Meta
- Ben departs on 21 May and arrives on 22 May in Roma via London
- Ben travels from Roma to Napoli by Trenitalia (hopefully the fast train) and then, takes the Circumvesuviana to Meta
- Ben meets Martha on 22 May at Orchid Corner B&B
- Ben pickups rental car at Europocar (arranged by AutoEurope) in Sorrento on 24 May
- Martha and Ben depart Meta on 24 May for the Marche Region of Italy
- From 24 - 27 May, we will be staying in an apartment in Fano, See Rent Our Apartment!
- From 27 - 29 May, we will be staying at Hotel La Spiaggiola in Numana
- On Saurday, 27 May and on Sunday, 28 May, Martha and Ben will be attending Cantine Aperte (This web site is in Italian only!) in the Marche region of Italy. In other parts of Italy, it will only take place on Sunday, 28 May.
- Martha and Ben depart Numana on 29 May for Casperia and they will be staying at LaTorretta for 2 nights
- Martha and Ben depart Casperia on 31 May for Panicale and they will be staying at Il Masolino for 2 nights
- Martha and Ben departs Panicale on 2 June for Greve in Chianti and they will be staying at Villa San Michele for 2 nights
- Martha and Ben will attend Monster GTG on June 4th, sponsored by Expats In Italy
- Martha and Ben depart Greve in Chianti on 4 June for Lido di Ostia and they will be staying at Hotel Tirrenia for 1 night
- Martha and Ben depart Lido di Ostia on 5 June for Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport, Roma (FCO) and drops offs Martha for her return flight to the States
- Ben drops off rental car at Europacar and takes the shuttle to Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport, Roma (FCO) for his return flight to the States
- Martha's and Ben's 2006 Italian vacation is over until next year
...to be continued...
The above links are current. In the event of a broken link or if anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update and/or correct this blog entry.
That's it for Friday, 5 May 2006: venerdì, 5 maggio 2006.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Gente allegra il ciel l'aiuta."
Heaven helps cheerful people
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 6 May 2006)