(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 9 June 2006)
TRAVEL PLANNERS - TRAVEL CONSULTANTS
- Bella Vita – is a unique combination of customized "Travel Concierge" services that create the "Ultimate Italian Experience" for its clients
- Bob the Navigator – Trip Planning Services for Independent Travel to Italy & Southern Europe
- Ciao Bambino – "makes it easy to travel to incredible destinations with babies, toddlers, and young children."
- Ciao Darcy – "walking tours of Italy" – Custom Trip Planning to Italy
- Marcus Travel Planning – "…transforming information to extraordinary travel experiences"
- Sally Watkins Travel – Certified Travel Counselor
- Select Italy – "the ultimate source for travel to Italy" – specializes in customized travel services for discerning travelers
- TRAVEL ITALY NOW – "PERSONALIZED ITINERARIES FOR INDEPENDENT TRAVELERS"
- Zurer Travel: Italian Trip Planning
- Bravo Italian Tours – "a Tour Operator focused on arranging personalized travel to Italy."
- Custom Tours in Tuscany – "caters to the sophisticated, independent traveler with the most discriminating taste." – Unique tours in Tuscany - walking tours, hill towns, winery tours, gardens, etc.
- Dolce Vita Adventures – " Born and raised in Italy by an Italian mother and American father, I was taught to embrace the best of both worlds and politely ignore the rest." ... "I lead every adventure and as a native I feel personally committed to making your days in Italy unforgettably precious."
- Italian Excursion – Italy off the beaten path – small group tours to Italy
- Italian Concierge – "specializes in small group gourmet walking tours. "
- The Road Less Traveled Tours – "a truly unique experience"
- Tartaruga Tours – "The "take your time" way to travel"
- TourPals – "Creative Solutions for your Venice Experience"
- Tuscany, Umbria and Florence – From Tauck Travel
- BlueStone Tourism Services Incoming Departments – "was formed in 2003 as incoming department of the outgoing tour operator Ducezio and has since grown to establish itself as one of the Sicily's leading partner for travel agents and tour operators with our incoming services for small and big groups."
- Italian Welcome – "an agency based in Florence, Italy, provides on-line advertising for Bed & Breakfasts, Farm Houses, Apartments and Villas, and information regarding cultural events, museums and great places to host special occasions such as parties or wedding receptions."
- Italy Country Guide - Travel Internal – From WTG World Travel Guide
- Welcome Nest – "is an Incoming Agency which provides highly personalized services to all clients planning an upcoming trip to Italy"
- Willgoto: Italy – Travel guide and directory – From Willgoto
To the readers of this blog posting: I do NOT represent or endorse any of the individuals or companies listed above nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
Note: My wife and I are personnaly acquainted with Sybil Haynes, Dolce Vita Adventures. We met at Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) where she taught an "Italian for Travelers" class in the Spring of 2005 which we attended. Sybil is leading the "A Taste of Italy" tour in conjunction with NVCC this month and this tour was listed on this blog, see also Info on "A Taste of Italy". We have attended two group dinners and my wife has attended a lunch that either Sybil or NVCC have organized in the past year. My wife, Martha, is a participant on the "A Taste of Italy" trip that has been mentioned on this blog.
There are many more travel planners and tours of Italy that I have not mentioned. The above is just a sampling of what is available. If you do not like what you see or read, please search the web for other travel planners and tours or ask friends, neighbors or others for suggestions and recommendations. Most of the above Travel Planners and Tours have been mentioned in one or more of the forums or are listed on the slow travel italy web site.
That's it for Friday, 19 May 2006: venerdì, 19 maggio 2006.
Ciao and Buon Viaggio! Ben
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Chi la dura la vince."
Those who don’t give in, will prevail.
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 9 June 2006)