ITALY IN OCTOBER
- Bucket list trip in October 2016 – "I am planning my dream trip to Italy in October 2016. Before I lock in an thing I would love some advice from some of you that have already been. . ." – Jun 19, 2015, 2:00 PM – MomsTaxi65, Jackson, Michigan – "About Us" – Source: Found in the Italy Travel Forum subsection within the Italy Tourism AKA Italy section on
- Italy in October – "Italy’s “shoulder seasons” have grown shorter as its high season has expanded, but October is still generally considered the start of the fall shoulder season in Italy. October remains, however, quite popular with some visitors, so don’t expect prices and crowd levels to drop as quickly as they went up back in May" – August 22nd, 2008 – by Jessica [Spiegel] – Source: Italy section of whyGo, Part of the BootsnAll Travel Network – "ONE-STOP INDIE TRAVEL GUIDE EST. 1998"
- X – "" – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- Events in Italy in October – "Filter by Month" – "About Us" – Source: 10 times – "Discover events & connect with visitors" – "238,198 trade shows & conferences across the globe"
- October Festivals and Food Fairs in Italy – "October is a great month for Italian food festivals, especiaally mushrooms, chestnuts, chocolate, and truffles. On October weekends, you'll find fall food festivals and wine harvest celebrations all over Italy. Slow Food's big International Food Event is in October and World Pasta Day is the fourth Sunday in October." – Updated October 01, 2015. – By Martha Bakerjian, Italy Travel Expert – Source: Found in the Italy Travel section on about.com
- Upcoming Holidays and Festivals in Italy – "Beware: Festival dates are often not posted on websites until just before the event (or may even be posted incorrectly, especially in Italy). Verify the correct festival dates before planning a trip around a specific festival. For more information about these and other events, visit the official tourism site for Italy." – "This list includes major festivals in major cities, plus national holidays observed throughout Italy. Many sights and banks close down on national holidays — keep it in mind when planning your itinerary. Note that this isn't a complete list; holidays can strike without warning." – "About Rick" – Source: Rick Steves' EUROPE – "THROUGH THE BACK DOOR" – "Rick Steves' Europe Tours, Trip Planning, Travel Guides and Information
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Italy – "Located in Southern Europe, this boot-shaped country is one of the world’s most popular travel destinations for a number of reasons that include art treasures, trendy fashion, stunning landscapes, passionate people and top-class cuisine. Italy offers so much to see and do that it would take a lifetime to explore. An overview of the best places to visit in Italy:" – Last updated on March 24, 2016 in Italy – "About" – Source: touropia – "DESTINATIONS | DISCOVER | HOTELS"
- L'Italo-Americano – "is a weekly publication serving the Italian-American community throughout the United States. Established in 1908, L'Italo-Americano is the oldest Italian-American newspaper in the US with a mission to promote and preserve Italian culture and heritage by reporting in both Italian and English on subjects such as arts and culture, literature, education, history, business, sciences, sports, lifestyle to name a few." – "ABOUT US" – Source: web site – "The #1 source for all things Italian since 1908"
- Martha's Italy – ". . .On this site we’ll share our Italian travels and recommendations, not only in the popular places like Rome and Tuscany but also in the special hidden places we enjoy and that the typical tourist might overlook. Martha has traveled to all of Italy’s 20 regions and is passionate about sharing her vast travel experiences with others." – blogger: Martha Bakerjian – Source: web site – "About | Articles | Newsletter"
- When to Travel – "QUICK ANSWERS…. | THE TRAVEL SEASONS IN EUROPE | PRICING VERSUS WEATHER & CROWDS ~ ITALY | " – "About Us" – Source: Italy Source – "Independent Travel to Italy & Europe" – "How It Works | Travel Tips | All Packages | Applause"
- X – "" – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
Source: YouTubeIT – "Language: English • Country: Italy"
- Italy October 2015 – "Steve and Andrea Okopny and Joe and Judy Dawson traveled to Italy on
October 2nd for two weeks. The first week we stayed at an all inclusive
hotel in the town of Amalfi. We took day trips to Ravello, Positano,
the Isle of Capri, Pogerllo and Amalfi. We then travelled to
Manarola, a small town in the Cinque Terre National Park, ( a UNESCO
world heritage sight). We had day trips from there to the five towns
that make up the Cinque Terre, Corniglia, Montarosa La Mare, Vernaza,
Riomagiorie and Manarola. After 3 nights in an apartment on the top floor of the highest building
(no elevators!) we traveled to Florence where we took a tour to the
cities of Sienna and Gimignano. Finally we traveled to Venice where we stayed the final two nights.
All travel between cities was by high speed and local trains or by boat. We had great weather except for one day and had a great time." – Published on Oct 19, 2015 – by:Joe Dawson
- ITALY in 9 days! October 2015 – "This is it!!!! One of the best trips of my entire life. I am still amazed by the beauty of each city I visited." – Published on Dec 17, 2015 – by: Karla Ismodes
- Visit Rome - The DONT'S of Visiting Rome, Italy – "We All Know What the Best Sights to See in Rome are, but what about the things you shouldn't do when you go to Rome? Here we give you 5 things you shouldn't forget to do when you go to Rome." – Published on Aug 27, 2016 – by: Wolters World
- X – "" – "" – "" – Source: X ""
- Average Temperatures for Italy in October – "Average temperatures for October at cities and vacation spots all over Italy are listed below in degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit." – by Liz Osborn – "About" – Source: Current Results – "weather and science facts"
- Average Weather In October For Rome, Italy – "This report describes the typical weather at the Ciampino Airport (Giovan Battista Pastine Airport) (Rome, Italy) weather station over the course of an average October. It is based on the historical records from 1974 to 2012. Earlier records are either unavailable or unreliable. Rome has a mediterranean climate with dry hot summers and mild winters. The area within 25 miles of this station is covered by shrublands (47%), oceans and seas (20%), croplands (19%), and forests (12%)" – "About" – Source: WeatherSpark Beta – "Beautiful Weather Graphs and Maps"
- Italy Weather and When to Go – "In general the climate in Rome, and especially Florence and the Tuscan region is very mild. There are little differences between the regions, though. Rule of thumb: at the coast and in the valleys the summers are hotter than in the hilly areas, where the climate is very continental – rain falls are more often. Usually the summers in Tuscany are without rain and very hot, especially in the valleys. Spring (April and May) and autumn (October and November) might be rainy but there are still dry, sunny days. In the winter there are sunny, mild days but at night it sometimes gets very cold. July is the hottest month with temperatures from 73° up to 86°. Especially in the valleys the temperatures sometimes rise up high. In the coldest month – January - they are about 44° at the coast and about 38° to 42° inside the country. Of course the temperature in the mountainous areas is below." – "About Us" – Source: Found in the Italy Travel - Before You Go AKA Italy Travel Guide section on
- Weather in Italy – "When to go and weather" – "About Us" – Source: lonely planet – "Destinations | Inspiration | Shop | Thorn Tree [travel] Forum | Bookings | Insurance"
- Weather Republic of Italy, weather forecast from yr.on – "Weather forecast Republic of Italy summer resort" – Source: meteobox – "Find out the current weather of any city in the world " – In multiple languages
- Fall in Italy What to wear for midseason weather – "If you’re willing to take fashion advice from a Canadian whose concept of Fall before moving to Italy was “that one pleasant day between summer and winter,” listen up. But seriously, what to wear for Fall in Italy is a big question. There is a long midseason in this country, and over the years I have learned what clothing is appropriate in October and November." – on Oct 12, 2011 – by: arttrav AKA Alexandra Korey – "About ArtTrav" – Source: ARTTRAV – "LIFE, ART & TRAVEL in ITALY"
- What to Wear When You're Traveling to Italy in October – "With the summer crowds dwindling and the weather getting cooler, October is one of the best months to visit Italy. Prepare for the changing seasons by anticipating both sunshine and rain. In Italy, dressing strictly for comfort screams tourist, but you don't have to sacrifice comfort for style if you plan your travel wardrobe well." – – "About Us" – Source: azcentral – "THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK"
- What to Wear When You're Traveling to Italy in October – "A trip to Italy can present packing challenges as you try to balance style and comfort. If you are packing for a trip in October, when the weather can be unpredict*able, plan a wardrobe that can adapt to rapidly changing conditions. By planning ahead for the weather, you can make sure that you are comfortable and ready for both indoor and outdoor tourist activities." – Elizabeth Smith, studioD – "About Us" – Source: Found in the Travel Tips subsection within the TRAVEL section on USA TODAY.COM – "Latest World and US News"
- How to Dress in Italy – "Traveling to Italy? Italians can be very fashion-conscious, so there are a few things you should know about dressing in Italy. There is no formal dress code, but fashion is important in Italian culture, and Italians typically pay close attention to another persons clothes." – "Aug 15, 2016 – "About wikiHow" – Source: wikiHow – "to do anything. . ." – In multiple languages
- What to Pack for 7 Days in Italy in October – "Whether going on a extended vacation or completing a semester aboard, autumn provides visitors ideal weather conditions for traveling to Italy. The seasonable weather in October encourages layering but allows travelers to wear lightweight, comfortable clothing for traveling. Clothing that is easily layered and resists wrinkles is recommended. A passport is necessary to enter Italy and should be valid for three months beyond your stay; for stays up to 90 days you do not need a visa." – – "About Us" – Source: Found in the Travel Tips portion within the Travel section of USA TODAY.COM – "Latest World and US News"
- X – "" – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about, for or on Italy in October *, dated, Sunday, October 02, 2016
- Info about, for or on Italy in September *, dated, Sunday, September 04, 2016
- Info about, for or on Italy in August *, dated, Sunday, August 07, 2016
- Info about, for or on Italy in July *, dated, Sunday, July 03, 2016
- Info about, for or on Italy in June *, dated, Sunday, June 05, 2016
- Info about, for or on Italy in May *, dated, Monday, May 02, 2016
- Info about, for or on Italy in April *, dated, Sunday, April 03, 2016
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs: Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog: Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.