Here are some links about preventing identity thief while traveling to Italy and beyond:
- Identity Theft – "A stolen identity is a powerful cloak of anonymity for criminals and terrorists…and a danger to national security and private citizens alike." – Source: Found in the Cyber Crime portion of the About Us section of the FBI – "Federal Bureau of Investigation"
- IDENTITY THIEF – "... happens when someone steals your personal information and uses it without your permission. It’s a serious crime that can wreak havoc with your finances, credit history, and reputation — and can take time, money, and patience to resolve." – Source: Found in the Consumer Information section of the Federal Trade Commission – "Protecting America's Consumers" – In English,Spanish
- Identity Theft and Identity Fraud – Source: Found in the Fraud Section within the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice – In English,Spanish
- Identity Theft And Your Social Security Number – Source: Social Security – "The Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration" – In English,Spanish
- What Information Is Needed for Identity Theft? – Source: Found in the Personal Finance section of eHow™ – "Discover the expert in you"
- Avoiding Identity Theft While Traveling – April 17, 2013 – blogger: Angie Orth – Source: Angie Away – "If adventures do not befall a lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad., Jane Austen"
- Identity Theft Blog – "Welcome to the most progressive identity theft blog which includes original identity theft articles written by Henry Bagdasarian discussing identity protection strategies and identity theft solutions for businesses and consumers. . . ." – Source: Identity Theft Awareness – "This identity theft awareness website offers hundreds of FREE and original identity theft management articles to thousands of monthly global readers through an active identity theft newsletter and an identity theft blog."
- Traveling Safety: Identity Theft Takes a Trip – John Sileo – Source: Found in the Solutions Blog of SILEO – "Helping You Protect Your Profits, Privacy & Reputation"
- Preventing Identity Theft While Traveling – "" – Guest post by Jannell Howell – Source: Meet, Plan, Go – "About"
- Gearology – RFID Blockers – November 21, 2012 – blogger: Jannell Howell – Source: Traveljunkie's World Tour – "travel 'gearology' tips & tales from around the world"
- Travel Tips to Prevent Identity Theft – 16 Apr 2013 – by arieanna – Source: Found in LoJack® for Laptops Blog on Absolute®Software – "About" – In multiple languages
- Simple Steps You Can Take Today to Prevent Identity Theft – Authored by: Ron Whitaker – on Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 – Source: Found in the Boomer U (blog) on boomerbazaar – "THE BOOMERS' MARKETPLACE"
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- 7 Tips on Preventing Identity Theft – Source: National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) – "About Us"
- How to prevent identity theft – "Identity theft is rampant. Here's how to protect yourself." – By Mike Morley – Source: Canadian Living – "Inspiring ideas for everyday living"
- How to prevent identity theft – By Dave Johnson – March 8, 2013, 6:45 AM – Source: Found in the MoneyWatch section of CBSNews.com – "Breaking News Headlines: Business, Entertainment & World News"
- My trip to Italy – "My wife and I took a trip to Italy and I thought I should share my travel experiences with you for a couple of reasons. First, to demonstrate how I handled the protection of my own personal information while traveling but also share some of my observations for those who might be planning a trip to Italy and who might be interested in some travel tips for Italy that I wish I was aware of before my journey there." – Source: Identity Theft Awareness – "This identity theft awareness website offers hundreds of FREE and original identity theft management articles to thousands of monthly global readers through an active identity theft newsletter and an identity theft blog."
- Prevent and Report Identity Theft – "Tips for Preventing Identity Loss" – Source: Found in the Money and Taxes section of USA.gov – "Government Made Easy" – "The U.S. Government's Official Web Portal"
- Prevent identity theft – "How you can stay safe and secure online" – Source: Found in the Good to Know section of google.com – In multiple languages
- Preventing Identity Theft – "" – Source: Found in Learn at Equifax section of EQUIFAX – In multiple languages
- Steps to Prevent Identity Theft, and What to Do if It Happens – By ELISABETH GOODRIDGE – Published: May 1, 2009 – Source: Found in the Your Money section of The New York Times – "U.S. Edition"
- Ten Tips to Prevent Identity Theft – "Protect Your Personal Information" – From Tony Bradley, CISSP-ISSAP, former About.com Guide – Source: Found in the Internet / Network Security section of About.com
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- 11 Ways to Prevent Identity Theft While Traveling – Ed Hewitt – Source: IndependentTraveler.com – "Real Travelers. Practical Advice."
- Avoiding Identity Theft During Travel – "9 ways to protect your personal information when away from home" – Source: Found in Scams & Fraud portion of the Mpney section of AARP – "Real Possibilities"
- How to Avoid ID Theft While Traveling – "" – Source: Found in the SECURITY section of TRIP – "A travel advocacy website sponsored by UStiA" – "Travel Responsibly, Informed & Protected"
- The Smart Traveler's Guide to Preventing Identity Theft – Source: GuestDoor® – "make yourself at home" – "ABOUT"
- Savvy Senior: How to avoid identity theft when you travel – April 23, 2013 12:04 am – Jim Miller - Savvy Senior – Source: Found in the Home And Family section of the www.heraldextra.com AKA Daily Herald located in Provo, Utah
- Jim Miller, Editor, The Savvy Senior
- How To Prevent Identity Theft and Manage Your Credit While Travelling – March 27, 2013 – By: Shashank Shekhar – Source: examiner.com – "... s a content destination powered by over 100,000+ independent contributors."
- Preventing Identity Theft When You Travel – "Don't let identity thieves take advantage of your absence fromhome." – Source: Found in the Personal Finance portion of the Legal Topics section of NOLO – "LAW FOR ALL" – "Lawyers, Legal Forms, Law Books & Software.Free Legal Information"
- Smart Ways To Protect Yourself From ID Theft While Traveling – Posted on Jan 25, 2013 – Source: IdentityThefts.com – "Tips to Detect, Monitor & Prevent Identity Theft"
- Stop Identity Thieves By Knowing The Identity Theft Signs – Posted on Apr 06, 2013
- Tips for Avoiding Identity Theft while Traveling - 9 Tips – Source: Found in the Safety Tips section of Corporate Travel Safety – "Worry Free Travel Gear... for Your Peace of Mind!™"
- Tips to Prevent Id Theft When Traveling Abroad – Posted on Jan 30, 2013 – "" – Source: lostcard.com – ""
- X – "" – Source: X – ""
- SEE ALSO:
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or request any further information by email, please include your email address in a separate comment. I will NOT publish any comments with an email address in it.
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 3450+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Sunday, 5 May 2013: domenica, 5 maggio 2013
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Chi la dura la vince."
"He who holds out wins."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog: Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.