- Guide to House Sitting – Source: HouseCarers.com – “Homeowners Secure your home with a housesitter."
- Helpful Links – "<<>>" – Source: Housesitworld.com – "House sitters care for your home and pets while you're away. In return, Housesitters gain free accommodation. Benefits everyone !" – In English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- How to Find Caretaker Jobs – By Matt G. – Source: eHow™ – "How to do just about everything"
- So You Want to be a Housesitter? – "Here's how (and you won't be paid a cent for your efforts)" – By Susan Holtham – Source: FrugalFun.com – "Have More Fun, Spend Less Money"
- Housesitting and Petsitting - Two Unique Travel Concepts – CherylK – Source: Squidoo – "is home to millions of pages of the best content, advise and recommendations online."
- Housesit on Your Next Vacation – by Margaret Garcia-Couoh on 13 January 2010 – Source: found under Travel in the Frugal Living section of Wisebread – "LIVING LARGE ON A SMALL BUDGET"
- House Sitters and Pet Sitters Improve Security – "Home Security is Helped by Live in House Minders" – Mar 24, 2010 – Terence Morris – Source: suite101.com – "Insightful writers. Informed readers"
- House Sitting and Pet Minding Pros and Cons – "Housecarers Positives and Negatives for Housesitting and Dog Minding" – Feb 23, 2009 – James Parsons – Source: suite101.com – "Insightful writers. Informed readers"
- How to Write Winning House Sitter Applications – "Advice to Applicants for Pet Minding and House Sitting Positions" – Feb 24, 2009
- What Do Home Owners Look For in a House Sitter? – "Advice for Housesitting Applicants Who Want to Impress Homeowners" – Feb 24, 2009
- What is House Sitting and Pet Sitting? – "Understanding What Housesitting Websites Do For the Homeowner" – Feb 23, 2009
- Make yourself at home with a spot of house-sitting – "Are you broke post-Christmas? Then try house-sitting and you could find yourself staying in the lap of luxury – for free" – Jo Caird – Saturday 9 January 2010 – Source: Travel section of The Guardian
- Property Caretaking: How To Get The Job & Make The Most Of It – by Ramkitten – Source: Squidoo – "is home to millions of pages of the best content, advise and recommendations online."
- Retirees Find House Sitting Opens the Door to a New World – By Ian White – Copyright © 2005, Ian White – Source: Ezine@rticles® – "303,138 [a/o July 26, 2010] Expert Authors Sharing Their Best EzineArticles"
- Sitting House: How to Get House Sitting Jobs Abroad – By Sarah Amandolare, LG Entertainment Editor –"Working Abroad — By Sarah A on August 4, 2010 at 12:00 pm" – Source: The Lost Girls – "Travel Inspiration Discovery Adventure"
- The Caretaker Gazette – Gary Dunn, Publisher – Source: web site
- This blog and the newsletter below have the same name.
- Make and Save Money House Sitting – Monday, June 14, 2010 – Buck Weber – Source: The Buck List – "Frugal Tips and Money Making Ideas"
- Using Your Network to Housesit Around the World – Sherry Ott – April 01, 2010 – Source: Otts World – "Travel and Life Experiences of a Corporate American Runaway"
- The Caretaker Gazette – "is a unique newsletter containing property caretaking and house sitting jobs, advice, and information for property caretakers, housesitters, and landowners. Published since 1983, it's the only publication in the world dedicated to the property caretaking field." – Gary & Thea Dunn, Publisher & Editor – Source: web site – "THE #1 SOURCE FOR CARETAKER OPPORTUNITIES"
- Long term house sitter needed for over summer – posted by travelbug – on: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:18 pm – Source: Expat Focus – "Essential information and advice for a successful move abroad"
- Samples – Source: Housesitter.us – "A Helping Hand for Housesitters and Homeowners"
- Sample Listings – Source: The Caretaker Gazette – "THE #1 SOURCE FOR CARETAKER OPPORTUNITIES"
- Services Offered > House Sitting Italy – Source: franglo*italy – "travel + expat classifieds" – registration required – section of franglo*classifieds – "The web classifieds network for travel, expats and internationals" – "Join now for free!"
- HouseCarers – "provides the most comprehensive information available on house sitting. We guide you through the process of successfully matching homeowner with sitters. Housesitters list their preferences through a simple registration process. Homeowners communicate with sitters through our confidential message system to preserve privacy and security. Whether you’re a house sitter or a homeowner, HouseCarers brings peace of mind closer to home." – Source: web site – “Homeowners Secure your home with a housesitter."
- House sitters for House sitting Europe – "Find a house sitter or register for house sitting in Europe" – Source: Housesitworld.com – "House sitters care for your home and pets while you're away. In return, Housesitters gain free accommodation. Benefits everyone !" – In English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Italy – "Select a city from in Italy for home exchange, house swap, house for rent, house sitting or to find a tenant" – Source: Sabbatical Homes – "We make great sabbaticals happen." – "The academic community’s resource for home exchanges and home rentals worldwide since 2000"
- MindMyHouse – "a global house sitting matching service. We provide all the online tools for home owners and house sitters to find each other from around the globe (or around the corner). And it works! Our house sitters provide their pet and house sitting services for free in exchange for the privilege of accommodation in the owner's home. Learn more about this service." – Source: web site – "Bringing home owners and house sitters together"
- HouseSittersAmerica.com – "connecting home owners and house sitters throughout America." – Source: web site
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on some of my blog entries (URLs) for Tuscany/Toscana, Italy *, dated Wednesday, July 22, 2009
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
In December, 2009 and January, 2010, my wife and I had the opportunity to cat-sit, dog-sit and apartment sit in Rome, Italy. We reply to a posting on the web site, Expats in Italy, from a couple from Australia. They were going to South Africa to visit her parents for the Christmas holidays and wanted someone to care for their pets: a dog and a cat. We were there for just over 3 weeks and the large and comfortable apartment was in the Testaccio section of Rome and close to the Trasavere section. There were several excellent transportation options: walking distance to the Piramide station on the Rome Metro (Metropolitana di Roma), Stazione di Roma Ostiense (train station) along with several choices of atac bus routes.
I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed out time in Rome and that three weeks is not enough time to explore all the places and sights that you can possibly see and do. There was an added bonus for my wife. Her cousin, Bonnie, who lives in Ocean City, New Jersey and her husband , Pete, came to Rome for four days and three nights while were were there. He had enough frequent flyer miles to get them on a flight from Philadelphia to Rome via US Airways and a hotel room at the Westin Excelsior. On their last night in Rome, Bonnie and Pete treated us to the best dinner we have ever had in Italy.
Whether or not, your house/apartment sitting experience will be as fantastic, memorable and spectacular as ours was I cannot say. But if you don't give it a try, who knows what will happen.
That's it for Wednesday, 15 September 2010: mercoledì, 15 settembre 2010
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Mia moglie ha sempre ragione."
"My wife is always right."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:
Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.