Here are some links on Internet Radio for Italy and beyond:
- How Internet Radio Works – by Debra Beller – Source: howstuffworks "It's good to know"
- Internet radio – Source: Wikipedia – "the free encyclopedia"
- Broadband Internet Radio – "This page provides links to broadband Internet radio streams for the bigger UK radio stations that are at a higher level of audio quality than they're at on DAB. The reason they're at a higher level of audio quality is due to them using more modern audio formats -- such as WMA, AAC and Ogg Vorbis -- than the outdated MP2 format that's used on DAB. Furthermore, the audio quality of Internet radio streams is likely to get better over time due to Internet bandwidth reducing in price, which allows the broadcasters to use higher bit rate levels."
- Internet Radio – "Internet radio seems to have earned itself a reputation for being at low audio quality, which in a lot of cases has been a fair criticism up to now due to the bigger stations typically using very low bit rate levels until recently. However, the Internet will become the system that provides the highest audio quality out of all of the digital systems that carry radio within the next year or two (as of 2007)!"
- Internet Radio – Source: NOKIA – “Connecting People”
- Internet Radio Index – "Helping you Hear the World!"
- Italian Internet Radio and Online News Radio – Source: Multilingual Books
- Live365.com – "With thousands of stations and more than 4 million listeners a month, Live365 is the world's largest Internet radio network. The Company gives individuals and organizations a "voice" to be able to reach a global audience, while offering radio listeners an unparalleled choice in music and other audio content. Through easy-to-use tools and services, anyone with a computer and an Internet connection can create his or her own Internet radio station. As a result, Live365 offers the most diverse array of high-quality radio available today, with thousands of stations spanning myriad genres and representing over 150 countries."
- live-radio.net – "You will not find "Internet-only" stations, which have NO connection with radio, listed on this website."
- media guide: radio guide – Source: WindowsMedia.com
- Online Radio: Listen by Format, Webcast Sources, And Software Players – Source: Radio Section of About.com
- Pandora© – "radio from the Music Genome Project©"– NOTE: "… can no longer allow access to Pandora for most listeners located outside of the U.S."
- PCTV4ME – Download free trial offer – Select "Category: Business, Entertainment, Music, News, Sports, Regional or All" – Select "Medium: Radio or Television or All" – Select "Country: drop down listing of countries"
- radio-locator – "formerly the MIT list of Radio Stations on the Internet"
- Radio Stations –"Thousands of radio stations on the Internet. ...but the best Internet radio stations are here." – Source: RadioRow
- RadioTower.com – "QUICKLY FIND & LISTEN TO 4294 FREE INTERNET RADIO STATIONS IN 3 EASY STEPS:"
- RECIVA – "INTERNET RADIO" – "... brings the world of Internet radio into your home. We provide access to an extremely diverse range of Internet radio stations from around the world, with broadcasts from nearly every country on the planet. We provide both live and on-demand ("listen again") content and we support Real Audio, Windows and MP3 streams."
- SHOUTcast – "... the home of free Internet Radio. Tune-in to thousands of free online radio stations from DJs and broadcasters around the world."
- UK Radio Stations broadcasting on the Internet – "*** The Internet's most up-to-date list of live links for UK radio stations simultaneously broadcasting on the web ***"
- 3WK – "underground radio"
- Internet Only – Source: WEB RADIO
- Internet Only - Black Radio Stations – Source: RadioBlack.com – "World-Wide Black Radio Stations"
- Internet-only Greek Radio – Source: www.media.net.gr – "The complete source for Greek radio and television"
- Scottish Internet Radio
- BBC RADIO
- NPR – National Public Radio – "... is an internationally acclaimed producer and distributor of noncommercial news, talk, and entertainment programming. A privately supported, not-for-profit membership organization, NPR serves a growing audience of 26 million Americans each week in partnership with more than 860 independently operated, noncommercial public radio stations. Each NPR Member Station serves local listeners with a distinctive combination of national and local programming. With original online content and audio streaming, NPR.org offers hourly newscasts, special features and ten years of archived audio and information."
- AllTalkRadio.net – "THE REAL VOICE OF INTERNET TALK RADIO"
- Internet Talk Radio – Source: VoiceAmerica™ Network
- WorldTalk Radio – "Where the World Comes to Talk"
- wsRadio.com – "the world leader in internet talk"
- SEE ALSO:
- Info on On-Line (Internet) Radio and TV in Italy *, dated Thursday, November 10, 2005
The above links are current. If anyone has any suggestions for other sites, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry. For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
This blog entry was originally part of one that I posted back in 2005. It has been updated and is for those individuals that are more interested in radio than TV. It should be noted that whatever I say or state for Italy with few exceptions is good for other countries in the world. This is just a sampling of the thousands of internet radio stations available on the internet.
That's it for Tuesday, 11 December 2007: martedì, 11 dicembre 2007.
Moving2Italy2 – The #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is a Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Dopo il dolce vien l'amaro."
"After the sweet comes the bitter."
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.