Here are some links about Christmas/Buon Natale/Epiphany (La Befana) in Italy, 2007:
- Buon Natale! Christmas In Italy – Source: Sicilian Culture
- Christmas In Italy – Source: In Italy Online!
- Christmas in Rome – Source: “As the Romans Do: An American Family's Italian Odyssey”, Alan Epstein
- Christmas in Rome – by Philip Marsden – Source: Travel Intelligence Ltd
- The Christmas Season in Venice – Ruth L. Edenbaum – Source: slow travel Italy
- Christmas Traditions – Source: Sicilian Culture
- Christmas Tradition in Italy: Christmas customs split Italy in two – By Floria Parmiani – Source: Floria Publications
- Rome for Christmas-New Year's week – Source: slow travel talk Italy
- Epiphany in Italy – January 6th – by Giulia – Source: Holidays & Festivals Around the World by Ms. Hos-McGrane's Grade 5 Students
- Epiphany-Befana – European Kids Project – Source: NavigaCircolo Home
- La Befana – Source: Wikipedia – "the free encyclopedia"
- La Befana: The Story of the Befana – By Floria Parmiani – Source: Floria Publications
- La Befana and Epiphany in Italy – Source: From Martha Bakerjian in the Italy Travel section of About.com
- Christmas Fair-Trade Market – "Banco di Garabombo" – Source: AngloINFO Milan – "Life in Lombardy, in English!"
- From: Thursday, November 15, 2007 To: Sunday, January 06, 2008
- Location: in Via Cherubini and Via Burchiello, Milano
- Hours: 09:00 to 20:00
- Christmas markets in the Tartarugone area – Source: Comune di Siena
- From: 2nd - 17th December 2005
- Location: Piazza del Mercato (Tartarugone), Siena
- Italian Christmas Markets – Source: From Martha Bakerjian in the Italy Travel section of About.com
- Trento Christmas Market, Trento – Source: ChristmasMarkets.com
- Weihnachtsmarkt Market – Heidelberg Christmas Market – Source: AngloINFO Tuscany – "Life in Tuscany, in English!"
- From: Thursday, November 29, 2007 To: Sunday, December 16, 2007
- Location: Piazza Santa Croce, Firenze
- Hours: 10:00 to 22:00
- The biggest Christmas tree in Italy – In English, French, German, Italian, Spanish – Source: Bella Umbria
- Christmas in Italy - Italian Christmas Celebrations – Source: Italy Travel section of About.com
- Christmas and New Year's Day 2008 in Umbria Italy – Source: Bella Umbria – In English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- December Events in Milan – Source: Ms. Adventures in Italy – "My Stomach and the World. Food, Recipes, Travel."
- Italian Holidays, Festivals, Street Parties… – "a list of Italian holidays and festivals which can be accessed by city, region and date." – Scroll down to enter "... your choice of keyword...", e.g., "Christmas" and then press the "submit it" icon – Source: the Hostetler web site
- "Largest Christmas Tree of the World……" – Source: Albero di Natale citta di Gubbio – In multiple languages
- "Le Genti della Laga" – Location: Torricella Sicura (Te) – Announcement in English, Italian
- Buon Natale! Christmas Eve Italian Style – by Kate Heyhoe – Source: The Global Gourmet®
- Buon Natale... Merry Christmas – Source: S.PELLEGRINO
- Italian Christmas: SevenFishes (Feast of the Seven Fishes) – Source: Seven Fishes blog.com
- Italian Christmas Cakes, Cookies, and Treats – Source: From Kyle Phillips in the Italian Food section of About.com
- Traditional Italian Recipes for the Holidays – Buon Natale! Christmas in Italy – Italian Language – Source: About.com
- Buon Natale! Christmas in Italy – Source: Italian Language section of About.com
- Part 1: Origins in Pagan Celebrations
- Part 2: Vocabulary and Holiday Music Traditions – Sound clip
- Part 3: Children's Activities for the Holidays
- Part 4: Traditional Italian Recipes for the Holidays
- Part 5: Visit Italy to Celebrate the Holidays
- Part 6: Italian Christmas Traditions
- An Italian Christmas – Languages – Source: BBC Languages
- "ORO, INCENSO E MIRRA" – Course of Italian language and Christmas tradition – Source: ITALIAN LANGUAGE SCHOOL "Scuola Leonardo da Vinci" – "Learn Italian in Italy in Florence - Milan - Rome – Siena"
- Expo Regalo – Christmas Shopping in Umbria - at Umbriafiere
- From 1 - 9 December, 2007
- Free admission
- Not your ordinary Christmas market: food, clothing, furniture, Tupperware, jewelry, etc.
- CHRISTMAS CRIBS IN ABRUZZO AND ITALY – Source: andrea morelli
- A Point-and-Shoot Digital Camera Night Photo Guide: Happy New Year of Night Photography from Rome – Source: Matthew Bamberg, Digital Traveler
- *** Xmas and new year 2007 in Italy *** – "A feast in culture, history, natural beauty, and finally, the authentic Christmas Cuisine with an Italian family with excursion to Rome and Viterbo! – Source: Let's cook in Italy
- CHRISTMAS COOKING IN ITALY – "from 8 december 2007 to 6 january 2008" – Cooking holidays for lover of Italy and italian food – Source: Let's Cook in Umbria
- Christmas & New Year Offers – Source: Delicious Italy – "BITE SIZED PORTIONS OF INFORMATION"
- Italian Express at Christmas – Source: Great Rail Journeys
- Christmas in Italy: Santa Sleeps Here – By MARTIN SEEMUNGAL – ROME, Dec. 18, 2006 – Source: abc NEWS International
- Italian Christmas Carols – Source: ITALY Magazine Forums
- Italian Culture: Christmas in Italy – Waiting For Christmas – Source: lifeinitaly.com
- World’s biggest blown-glass christmas tree – December 10th, 2006 – Source: ITALY Magazine
- Buon Natale - Christmas Links – Sound clip – Source: Welcome to Capucina's Italian-American Web Pages
- Spend the Christmas Holiday in Italy – Traditions, Events, Markets and More – By Amy Gulick– Source: Associated Content
One or more of the above blog entries above contains "Sound clips". When you see the words "Sound clip", please turn on the speakers connected to your PC.
That's it for Friday, 23 November 2007: venerdì, 23 novembre 2007.
Moving2Italy2 – The #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is a Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Ogni cuore ha il suo segreto."
"Every heart has its secrets."
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 6 December 2007)