Here are some photographs and comments about our Guest House at Podere Covivole in Tuscany (Toscana), Italy:
Photograph #2 - 1 Bedroom for 2 (two) people. The bed can be configured as an oversize double or 2 singles beds.
Photograph #3 - Bathroom with shower, no bidet
Photograph #4 - A place to sit and eat. There are no cooking facilities in the guest house but there is a small refrigerator behind the door.
Photograph #5 - Just one of the many Tuscan sunsets to be viewed from the Guest House and Podere Covivole
The guest house is located next to the farm house that is called Podere Covivole. Both houses are on 23 hectares (50 acres) of land with fruit trees, plants and fields. There are window screens on all the windows and a screen on the front door. Podere Covivole is 8 kilometers (5 miles) from the town of Monte San Savino in the province of Arezzo in the region of Tuscany.
We are located off of the SS 73 between the towns of Palazzuolo and Monte San Savino. The distances that Podere Covivole is from various cities, airports and the Autostrada (major north/south toll road) are the following:
- Autostrada (A1) - Monte San Savino exit - 13 kilometers (8 miles)
- Monte San Savino - 8 kilometers (5 miles)
- Region of Toscana (Tuscany)
- Aeroporto di Firenze (FLR) – Florence (Peretola) - 112 kilometers (76 miles)
- Pisa International Airport "Galileo Galilei" (PSA) - 174 kilometers (108 miles)
- Arezzo - 16 kilometers (10 miles)
- Cortona - 32 kilometers (20 miles)
- Firenze/Florence - 94 kilometers (52 miles)
- Lucca - 168 kilometers (104 miles)
- Pisa - 176 kilometers (109 miles)
- San Gimignano - 83 kilometers (52 miles)
- Siena - 32 kilometers (20 miles)
- Volterra - 91 kilometers (57 miles)
- Region of Umbria (Region)
- Assisi - 107 kilometers (66 miles)
- Perugia - 85 kilometers (53 miles)
- Region of Lazio
Here are some links about or on Tuscany that you may find of interest:
- Info on the Toscana (Tuscany) Region of Italy - Part 1 * , dated Tuesday, June 19, 2007
- Info on the Toscana (Tuscany) Region of Italy - Part 2 *, dated Tuesday, June 26, 2007
- Info on maps for Tuscany (Toscana) *, dated Friday, September 05, 2008
- Info on Golf in Tuscany *, dated Saturday, July 12, 2008
- Info on Events and Festivals (feste or sagre) in Tuscany * , dated Tuesday, May 13, 2008
- Info for Guests Staying in the Guest House at Podere Covivole * , dated Tuesday, February 05, 2008
That's it for Tuesday, 9 September 2008: martedì, 9 settembre 2008
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
"Per niente non muove la coda nemmeno un cane."
"Not even a dog moves its tail for free."
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 10 October 2008)