Here are some links about you know that "you're not in Italy when..." or "you've been in Italy too long when...":
YOU'RE NOT IN ITALY WHEN. . .
- Be Glad You’re Not in Italy – "... To accomplish this difficult task, new Prime Minister and technocrat "Super" Mario Monti is attempting to introduce an aggressive austerity budget. While yet to be passed by legislators, this decree has already been signed by the Italian head of state. Desperate times, desperate measures, eh?" – by International Man - "Other articles from this contributor:" – "About" – Source: Doug Casey's INTERNATIONAL MAN – "is a highly actionable service dedicated to making the most of your personal freedom and financial opportunity around the world."
- Signs You're Not In Italy – "This is a collection of tweets on the theme. Enjoy! :)" – blogger: Paolo – "winner of the "Cannolo Award" – Source: Quatro Formaggio and Other Disgraces on the Menu – "– Pretentiously fixing Italian food in North America –"
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- 20 signs you’ve been living in Italy too long – "As an expat, when you live in Italy, no matter how much you fight it, no matter how you cling to your cultural identity, you become a little bit Italian. Here are some signs you’ve been living in Italy too long." – Hugo Mc Cafferty – Source: Swide – "The Dolce & Gabbaha Luxury Magazine Online"
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- Top 10 signs you've been in Italy too long – "After a while living in Italy, foreigners may notice a few strange changes in their personality. The Local takes a look at the top ten signs that you could have been here a bit too long." – "" – Source: The Local Italy – " Italy's news in English"
- 15 things that can happen 'Only in Italy – "The Twitter hashtag #OnlyinItaly has proved a popular one on the twittersphere. Tweeters have united under the Only in Italy banner to express what they find weird, wonderful and even perhaps wrong about this unique country. The Local has raided the hashtag to bring you some of the more intriguing and funny insights into Italy that tweeters have been offering. Keep it going by tweeting us @TheLocalItaly with things you think can happen #OnlyinItaly"
- You Know That You’ve Been Living in Italy Too Long ... – ". . .But there are many things about Italy that drive me nuts! But overall, there’s something nicely chaotic about this place, even though I’m not sure how the country runs sometimes! I’ve featured a post about Italian Stereotypes recently and this post sort of follows on from that one in terms of poking a bit of fun at them. . ." – March 4, 2014 – – "About" – Source: The Travel Tart – "OFFBEAT TALES OF A TRAVEL ADDICT"
- You know you've been in Italy far too long when... – "you wake up with a head cold and sore throat after hanging out on a terrace on a cool summer's eve..." – Monday, June 9  – blogger: Francesca Maggi – Source: Burnt by the Tuscan Sun – "True Stories of Life in Italy"
- You've been in Italy too long when... – Source: Found in the Italy Travel Guide section on Eupedia – "European travel and history"
- X – "" – "" – Source: X – ""
- NOT IN ITALY WHEN. . .
- 39 Reasons Why Italy Is Actually The Worst – "Please never go there!" – posted on Mar. 31, 2015, at 7:19 p.m. – Marie Telling – Source: BuzzFeed – "News | Buzz | Life } Quizzes | Videos | More"
- It's Italian, but it's definitely not Italy: Stephen Wood visits Lampedusa, an island beyond the map's edge, where North Africa meets Rome and even the sharks are poets – Saturday 05 June 1993 – – Source: Found in the travel section on theguardian – "Latest news, sport and comment from the Guardian" – "News | Sport | Comment | Culture | Business | Money | Life & style | Travel | Environment | Tech | TV | Video | Dating | Offers | Jobs"
- Prove You're Not A Terrorist – "" – by Jeff Thomas – "About"– Source: Doug Casey's International Man – "Making the Most of Your Personal Freedom and Financial Opportunity Around the World"
- The Mediterranean migrant emergency is not Italy’s. It is Europe’s! – "We shouldn’t let selfishness and fear divide us. We need a humane, European Union-wide strategy on asylum seekers – the soul of Europe depends on it " – Tuesday 23 June 2015 15.59 BST – Matteo Renzi, prime minister of Italy – Source: Found in the opinion section on theguardian – "Latest news, sport and comment from the Guardian"
- BEEN IN ITALY TOO LONG WHEN. . .
- 10 food habits that mean you have been living in Italy for too long – ". . .I made a list of food related habits that are a sign that you have been living in Italy for too long, but these same habits can be applied as guidelines if you are visiting/staying in Italy and don’t want to be spotted right away as an outsider. . ." – Published on 15 de September de 2014 – blogger: Ana Ferreira – Source: This entry was posted in: Food talk on AMENDOEIRA em FLOR– "The name Amendoeira em Flor means Almond Tree in Blossom, since Algarve is known for it’s almond trees that between February and March blossom and cover the fields with their beautiful flowers. The name is also related to my favourite Algarve moorish legend, it tells how a northern european princess (Gilda) married to a young moorish king that ruled and lived in Al-Gharb (Algarve) was saved from death by melancolia, when her king ordered a plantation of almond trees in this kingdom. Like so, in each spring, the almond trees would blossom, covering the fields in white and such beautiful sight that would remind the princess about the snow in her country."
- X – "" –
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about, for or on things to do in Tuscany/Toscana *,dated, Wednesday, July 13, 2011
For your specific interest, please search the web for further information using .
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 450+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Sunday, 14 February 2016: domenica, 14 febbraio 2016
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb / saying, author unknown.
"Oggi in figura, domani in sepoltura."
"Today in person, tomorrow in the grave."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs:
Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.