Here are some links on myths and misconceptions about Italy:
MYTHS AND MISCONCEPTIONS
- Common Myths and Misconceptions Regarding Italian Culture Fostered by Guidebooks – Rebecca Winke – Source: found in slowtravel stories – "Essays about life in Italy, traveling in Italy, and more" within slow travel – "Travel slowly, staying in vacation rentals (villas, farms, cottages, apartments)"
- 5 myths about Venice, Italy – By stefy74 – Source: HubPages – "PUBLISH easily, ATTRACT readers, EARN rewards"
- Dispelling Myths about Milan – Star Meyer, Ph.D. – Source: found under Italy Travel Notes and Things to Do in the slowtravel italy section of slow travel – "Travel slowly, staying in vacation rentals (villas, farms, cottages, apartments)"
- What To Wear While Traveling in Italy: Common Misconceptions – "What you need to know to look stylish and be comfortable when visiting Italy" – Source: PrimeItaly.net – "Top Dressing Tips for Travel to Italy"
- Italian food misconceptions – September 13th, 2007 – Author: Paolo and Francesca Tosolini – Source: Italy From The Inside – "A Scoop of Real Italian Life for Travelers & Friends"
- Italian Food Myths – By Paul Quirk – Source: ezine @rticles® – "368,560 Expert Authors Sharing Their Best EzineArticles"
- Italian Food: Myth Versus Reality – By Paolo Nascimbeni – Source: lifeinitaly.com – " ... all you need to know about Italy : Life in Italy is dedicated to modern Italian life and culture - showcasing the Italy of today rather than focusing on Italy's past. Life in Italy is a place where expats, Italian-Americans, travelers or any Italophile can learn about the very latest from Italy."
- Spaghetti & Meatballs, and Other Italian Myths – September 2, 2006 – Source: found in blog of Trattoria da Vincenzo – "The official blog of the Italian-American couple that lived in Rome, moved to beautiful Washington state, opened a Roman restaurant, and then..."
- Retirement Planning for Expats in Italy: Myths and Misconceptions About Life in Retirement – Source: Found under the AES INTERNATIONAL BLOG within AES INERNATIONAL – "Saving you money, putting you first"
- Italy Travel Myths Debunked – Travel Tip Tuesday – Cherrye Moore – Source: Found under Travel Tips of My Bella Vita – "Your Source for Calabria Travel"
- Top 10 Myths About the Romans – "" – Source: LISTVERSE – "serves over 10 million pages a month to more than 2 million readers. We are focused on lists that intrigue and educate, specializing in the bizarre or lesser- known trivia. Every day we present a new unique list in any one of our fifteen categories, from art & literature to science & nature."
- SEE ALSO:
- Info about, for or on myths about Italy *, dated, Friday, July 10, 2015
- Info about, for and on the do's and don'ts of Italy *, dated, Wednesday, May 21, 2014
- Info on myths and misconceptions about Italy *, dated, Wednesday, February 09, 2011
The above links as of this date are/were current. If anyone has any suggestions for any other additional web sites and/or links for reference, please feel free to post your comment and I'll update this blog entry.
Please note: If you want me to reply to your comment or
NOTE: If you want to leave a comment, please leave it in ENGLISH.
Broken links: Since November, 2005, I have written over 300+ blog entries with 1,000's of corresponding links/URLs for Moving2Italy2, covering a varied and wide range of topics. In the event if you come across a broken link or a non-functioning link/URL, please post a comment and report the non-functional link. I wish to thank you in advance for assisting me in the ongoing maintenance and the updating of this successful and informative blog.
Please note: I do NOT represent or endorse any of these links nor do I receive payment for listing them in my blog.
That's it for Wednesday, 9 February 2011: mercoledì, 9 febbraio 2011
Moving2Italy2 – #1 source of links About, For or On Italy for those individuals moving, traveling or already living in Italy.
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb / saying, author unknown.
"Con niente non si fa niente."
"You can’t make something from nothing."
When you have a free moment or two, please read my wife's interesting and entertaining blog about our life in Italy with photographs: Friends and Family in Italy
Going to Spain, read my new blog:Info About, For or On Spain – a source of links About, For or On Spain for those individuals traveling or already living in Spain.
Please note: The time listed below for this posting is Central European Time (CET)/ GMT+1.